New saddle... light weight vs a Joplin post

milfredo
milfredo Posts: 322
edited November 2010 in MTB buying advice
I would like a new, comfy saddle for the bike as my WTB is like a truly minging 6 year old sponge on my otherwise dream bike so...

I would like a new saddle, I've never been in love with the one I have but my last attempt at replacing it was a waste of time and led to one sore arse.

I want it to be light and comfy with a channel to stop you sitting on the erection making tissue (rules out the Gobi)

I'm worried about my Joplin clamping design not liking carbon rails but I am drawn towards them for their lightness (bike is carbon and I love the stuff)

I know it's a personal preference but I need ideas

My arse is small and perfect. la-de-da

Cheers,
Will

Comments

• LjStronge
    LjStronge Posts: 287
    Standard forum reply

Charge Spoon = All you need ;)
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Personal choice and that.

Specialized Romin/Phenom? I use Phenom SLs and find them very comfy.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Work out where your sit bone rests (there are various method to do this) and buy one that fits.

What WTB do you have now? in each model they do about 4 different comfort levels. But the best advice is to get one that fits.
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    I have a WTB Rocket I think. Will measure my arse and make sure I get the correct width one as I've never done that before.

I'll also check out the Spoon and the Specikized ones as well.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I have a fizik tundra, it encourages me to stand up a lot
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • t0pc4t wrote:
    I have a fizik tundra, it encourages me to stand up a lot

lol, is that another way to say it hurts like hell?
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.