SCR of the year 2010

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
It's time .....

Time to kick off the nominations for the SCR of the year 2010 award.

Post your nominations here please, perhaps even with your reasons why, only one nomination each PLEASE.

The five most nominated will then be put to the vote in a poll on with the winner simply being the one with the most votes by the eve of the party.

PS. The out-going SCR of 2009 is excluded sorry cjcp :twisted: however it does mean GregT is eligible this year.

<trophy image to follow>
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    I'd like to nominate hatbeard for keeping the Thames Clipper service afloat (financially speaking.)
    Rules are for fools.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Waddlie wrote:
    I'd like to nominate hatbeard for keeping the Thames Clipper service afloat (financially speaking.)

twice! I've only been on it twice!
    Hat + Beard
  • Clever Pun, for being the embodiment of MTFU in the face of, well, everything.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Clever Pun, for being the embodiment of MTFU in the face of, well, everything.
    Got to agree with that. The array and style of bikes on which he does his scalping is impressive: fixed, roadie, brompton, boris...

Honourable mention to MM but, of late, his lungs let him down. RJSTerry and notsoblue also deserve a mention
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    LIT, for showing some of the boys how to MTFU.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    JonGinge wrote:
    Got to agree with that. The array and style of bikes on which he does his scalping is impressive: fixed, roadie, brompton, boris...

Honourable mention to MM but, of late, his lungs let him down. RJSTerry and notsoblue also deserve a mention

I'd like to add Undercover Elehphant to that list. He appears plough a lonely furrow most days but when he sees another cyclist the game is always afoot.

Besides, whe shouldn't neglect the non-London riders.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Asprilla wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

I'd like to add Undercover Elehphant to that list. He appears plough a lonely furrow most days but when he sees another cyclist the game is always afoot.

Plenty of lonely furrows being ploughed outside London, not least on Maryhill Road.....
    But UE has been an inspiration.... I have probably only 2 days off cycling since my injury, 2.5 stone down, and now down to 30" waist jeans from 36" this year. Done 2 sportives, did first ton and cracked out over 1,000 miles in August. I'm an addict!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    Asprilla wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

I'd like to second that. As was mentioned the other day, it's a good job UE's up there so he doesn't get a chance to put us London types to shame.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    What's SCR?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    The poor fella on the Giant hardtail that I meet leaving Llantarnam park every now and then. He spends every night having skin grafts on his head, yet still gives it a go every time.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    _Brun_ wrote:
    What's SCR?
    It connects your glute maximus to your knee (ish). Runs down the outside of your thigh.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    _Brun_ wrote:
    What's SCR?

step step step <SLAP> step step step
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    _Brun_ wrote:
    What's SCR?

It's a new government think tank. It's prime focus is on:

1, Eliminating unfit people
    2, Enslavery to anyone who wears lycra daily
    3, and scalping the highest FCN

In SCR we trust.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    SimonAH wrote:
    The poor fella on the Giant hardtail that I meet leaving Llantarnam park every now and then. He spends every night having skin grafts on his head, yet still gives it a go every time.

:lol:

Lots of contenders IMO: CP, Wrath Rob, UE, JG, RJS, notsoblue, Pufttmw (sp.? :) )and KD. I'll need the weekend to think about it.

@ITB - Greg T's had his day. He doesn't have the legs anymore. He's dropped off the back. I understand he's due to be put out to pasture soon.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • CXXC
    CXXC Posts: 237
    Mr Ribble, formerly known as Stelvio_W

The perma-bronzed adonis with long flowing blonde locks who could probably scalp most people riding on a 2-wheeled sunbed, let alone his trusty blue ribble

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)
  • ditto on the plus 1 for CJ

Dude's a nutcase but fast on the ol steed :D and he gets beaten up by his gf...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    _Brun_ wrote:
    What's SCR?

I'm not sure whither to nominate you for the meerkat or the d-lock award?

Simples!!!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    @ITB - Greg T's had his day. He doesn't have the legs anymore. He's dropped off the back. I understand he's due to be put out to pasture soon.

I'd heard he had to be put down, taken out back and shot - it was for the best really.

:roll:
  • My vote would be for King "shaved like a laydee" Donut.

He seems to have bumped into more than most on this forum and still has his scalp intact and a collected a few forumites scalps
  • Think I'm going to go with Clever Pun, his indiscriminate scalping of anything on 2 wheels seems to know no bounds, even completing a fitness regime that would scare Navy Seals during lunch breaks doesn't seem to have too much of an effect!

As a special mention I'd suggest Gaz545, he's provided a nice challenge along the usually dull CS7. I was also going to nominate another rider on here who'd scalped me along that same stretch but can't for the life of me remember their name. You have a caradice saddle bag and got captured on Gaz's helmet cam snapping your handlebars! If that's you feel free to job my memory :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

I'd heard he had to be put down, taken out back and shot - it was for the best really.

:roll:

Oh Really.....

So then - what do you girls base your over-hasty reports of my decline on?

Also CJ I dropped off the back a couple of nights ago - can you get your Mrs to clean and press my shirt to my high standard and have her drop it round at my club please.

Ta.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • cjcp
    Greg T wrote:
    Also CJ I dropped off the back a couple of nights ago - can you get your Mrs to clean and press my shirt to my high standard and have her drop it round at my club please.

Ta.

It's still the Blue Oyster, isn't it?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    cjcp wrote:
    It's still the Blue Oyster, isn't it?

Of course.

Carlos is expecting her
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • **BUMP""

Gawd knows which page this had slipped too, I relied on some Google-fu to find it!

Seeing as we have only just over a week until the prize giving I thought it best to bring this to the first page again :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    **BUMP""

Gawd knows which page this had slipped too, I relied on some Google-fu to find it!

Seeing as we have only just over a week until the prize giving I thought it best to bring this to the first page again :-)

I was thinking the same about you, I guess 6 children are keeping you very busy or have you been planning no. 7 :wink:
  • itboffin wrote:
    **BUMP""

I was thinking the same about you, I guess 6 children are keeping you very busy or have you been planning no. 7 :wink:

6 REALLY is enough.....training, coupled with a week covering the team leader position at my most local site meant I had very little SCR action or time to get on the forum! Rather fortunately it appears I have this week booked OFF work so I haven't had to tackle the dire roads/trains during the snow and the kids school has been closed for 2 days now!

Quite looking forward to next week with as I'll be in London ALL week and due to some rather devious planning I'm only working just over the river at an office on Vauxhall Cross next Friday :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp
    Can we have some sort of PR voting system? Here's my top 3:

1. CP
    2. UE
    3. RJS
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    It's done, hopefully it'll arrive before the big day - I had to use a different company this year, seems they're no longer trading.

!B9uJ0nQEGk~$(KGrHqN,!iMEzN9OnYO(BM6oUL0G0!~~0_35.JPG
  • itboffin
    Still not arrived, hmmm
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    itboffin wrote:
    Still not arrived, hmmm

I saw that exact same trophy in a shop in Liverpool St station, if you get desperate...