Off......

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Yep - first off for about 2 years.....

Wet road, covered with wet leaves - turned corner and *BANG* down I go.....about 1/2 mile from my house.

Big bruise on my bum and thigh...

After a quick change at home, back out and straight to work, a bit later than I wanted to be!

Watch out for wet leaves people - they are out to get you, and get you bad....

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    gtvlusso wrote:

Wet road, covered with wet leaves - turned corner and *BANG* down I go.....about 1/2 mile from my house.

After a quick change at home, back out and straight to work, a bit later than I wanted to be!

Yeah, but is the bike alright?!

Shame about the off, had a similar one a while ago. Road rash has just healed, battlescars ftw :D
  • paulus69
    paulus69 Posts: 160
    There were loads of leaves on the cycle path on the way to work this morning, might be time to improvise some sort of scoop for the front to clear the way as i go.
    Me on Strava
    My cycling blog
    Specialized Secteur 2012 / Carrera Vulcan v-spec
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    notsoblue wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Yeah, but is the bike alright?!

Shame about the off, had a similar one a while ago. Road rash has just healed, battlescars ftw :D

Yeah - the bike is fine - just a low speed one. at worst a couple of scratches. I ripped my lycra though....and my pride too a god awful dent.
  • Also had my first fall since getting hit by a car 12 months ago
    Wet leaves, after a storm last night, completely covered the cyclepath corner i was negotiating.
    I couldnt see the path, panicked a little and next thing was on my ass!

ah well!

:lol:

sh*t happens!