Movember - Who's up for it this year?

Harveytile
Harveytile Posts: 227
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
With the end of the year rapidly approaching, it is almost Movember again :lol: .

I was just wondering if anyone here would be taking part. If nothing else I believe it gets you a +1 on your FCN.

Last year it was good fun to see loads of 'tashes all over the place. Hopefully the autumn rugby tests will see the lads all sporting questionable facial hair again :shock: . If only the cycling brigade would get in on the action. Mud spattered 'tashes on the CX scene would complement the cowbells nicely :wink: .
Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    It's too cold to lose the beard (plus i'd have to change my username to hattache). I'm running a mo-running 10k for movember in a couple of weeks though so I'll still be doing my little bit.
    Hat + Beard
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Not a chance. My attempts at facial hair growing make Gary Neville look like Tom Selleck. :(
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    hatbeard wrote:
    It's too cold to lose the beard (plus i'd have to change my username to hattache). I'm running a mo-running 10k for movember in a couple of weeks though so I'll still be doing my little bit.

I am not losing the undergrowth either - but will twizzle the ends of the 'tache into Dali'esque points in sympathy.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • If you're old enough to consider growing a 'tash, you're old enough to know better.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Yep - already started.....Suggest those that wish to partake do a before and after pic...
  • andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Yep - already started.....Suggest those that wish to partake do a before and after pic...

Remember you have to be clean shaven on the 1st, though...
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I can't grow a moustache. Its my secret shame :(
  • hatbeard
    If anyone needs convincing to give it a go this pic of me after movember last year (before I lost 5 stone) should do the trick... :lol:
    tache.jpg
    Hat + Beard
  • Indeed! Last year I looked like a Village People reject. Helped a lot by being in the construction industry :oops: .
    Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
    FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    hatbeard wrote:

How about pantbeard?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    I too am incapable of growing a moustache at the fine age of 27. For that reason, I'm out.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • hatbeard
    pst88 wrote:
    I too am incapable of growing a moustache at the fine age of 27. For that reason, I'm out.

I'm willing to invest £5 but for that I'm going to need 30%

(aka the hitler / chaplin)
    Hat + Beard
  • gtvlusso
    andyb78 wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Will be clean shaven on the 1st - in training this week.....i.e. not being ar$sed to shave this week!
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    I'll try, can't say for sure that I'll last the month cos I know the missus will be nagging by the 5th...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Sexists.

Nothing to stop you joining in!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I did it last year as we did a thing at work, not this year though, mine was magnificent though, it grows quite quickly
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Mr Plum wrote:
    I'll try, can't say for sure that I'll last the month cos I know the missus will be nagging by the 5th...
    Dental dam?
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Sexists.

5123233264_796d17bdb6_t.jpg
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    vorsprung wrote:
    5123233264_796d17bdb6_t.jpg

It's Dick Dastardly!
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Sexists.

The wife said i would not get any kisses if i grew a beard ..............
    FCN 3/5/9
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I'm going to bed tonight with a proper child-frightening moustache. Will decide in the morning whether to get rid and play by the rules.

Don't much like rules, mind.
  • hatbeard
    _Brun_ wrote:
    I'm going to bed tonight with a proper child-frightening moustache. Will decide in the morning whether to get rid and play by the rules.

keep it. because by the end of week 1 when you tell people you're doing movember they'll think you are made up of pure testosterone to be sporting such an advanced tache in such a short space of time. :)
    Hat + Beard
  • _Brun_ wrote:

Pics plz
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    gtvlusso wrote:
    andyb78 wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Will be clean shaven on the 1st - in training this week.....i.e. not being ar$sed to shave this week!

You have to be clean shaven from day1 and then can only shave non-mo areas.

Growing a beard for a week then shaving in a mo is cheating!
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    There's a bunch of us at work all growing. 1 man stands out as a mo-cheatah though as he's already parading a few days growth. I'll be raising at our next mo-bro beer session and suggesting appropriate fines
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • gtvlusso
    Clean shanven today - cannot decide between:

tomselleck.jpg

terry_thomas.jpg

or

Kenny%2BRogers.jpg
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    work are taking it seriously. Just had someone come round with a camera taking snaps. Apparently there will be week on week pictures going on.

On the upside, they're trying to organise free beer once a week, every week for the mo-brothers and mo-sistas. Result!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    _Brun_ wrote:

Pics plz
    The guilt is getting to me, so this is about to come off. Seems such a terrible waste :(

IMG_5039.jpg