Anyone tempted? :D

Comments

• louse
    louse Posts: 80
    why would it be?
  • Do you think it's possible to do wheelies? :twisted:
  • Louse wrote:
    why would it be?

You honestly need me to answer that? Seems you belong in the commute section. :wink:
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    People have done Whistler on tandems...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have you never heard of tandems before then?
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    it's a real shame nicolai are no longer doing the 8" travel freeride tandem that was built for super monster t's
  • Have you never heard of tandems before then?

Of course, the obvious point being that this is (or seems) an extravagant waste of money when there's no doubt you're going to struggle getting this beast around anything like tight, twisty singletrack with hairpin switchbacks, over large slopes or drops that might make the average rider on a normal bike be concious of catching their large crank ring.

Therefore its town park/fireroad territory, therefore you only need a standard rigid tandem for the job, therefore I am correct.

Thankyou and good day. :D:wink:
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I know a couple of blokes who recently did the Isle of Man end to end on a tandem.

You'd have a job getting it sound some of those switchbacks though :lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    A friend of mine has an old full suspension tandem - he occassionally goes out riding with his wife - she takes the controls, he's the "stoker" - he is constantly pedalling into descents while she is braking like mad!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Stu T
    Stu T Posts: 127
    Actually saw soemthing very similar on Whites level a couple of years ago. Don't know how they got around the corners but were handling the rock steps near the bottom quite well
    I wear Lycra because I like the way it feels
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    Have you never heard of tandems before then?

Of course, the obvious point being that this is (or seems) an extravagant waste of money when there's no doubt you're going to struggle getting this beast around anything like tight, twisty singletrack with hairpin switchbacks, over large slopes or drops that might make the average rider on a normal bike be concious of catching their large crank ring.

Therefore its town park/fireroad territory, therefore you only need a standard rigid tandem for the job, therefore I am correct.

Thankyou and good day. :D:wink:

go to youtube and serch for tandem mountainbiking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DnsKGfqys&NR=1 and more
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    The Dyfi Enduro's been done on a tandem a few times.
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    I reckon they should include a Tandem class in the World Cup DH circuit...
  • it's a real shame nicolai are no longer doing the 8" travel freeride tandem that was built for super monster t's

Genius
    Am i strange in that i actually ENJOY going up hills? Yes, yes i am.

PS: Full - Sussers are for SOFTIES AND BIG GIRLS
  • scale20
    shm_uk wrote:
    I reckon they should include a Tandem class in the World Cup DH circuit...

I wouldn't want to be sat on the back of that with steve pete driving :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Last year I met a couple belting round the Glentress freeride park (ok, it was only the easy course) on a Cannondale mountain tandem & he said whilst it was fairly difficult they could get it off the ground on the drop offs. He said they usually stuck to the blue route as the trail stays fairly wide, but they looked as though they were having a blast - i'd love a go on one!
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • scale20 wrote:
    I know a couple of blokes who recently did the Isle of Man end to end on a tandem.
    You'd have a job getting it sound some of those switchbacks though :lol:

Did they make it to the finish?

I was spectating this year and I saw them go past, but didn't know if they made it all the way.

Bet that final boardwalk section was......interesting. :shock:
  • scale20
    As far as i read on our forum yeah they did.

Nowt like being a bit different! 8)
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Anonymous
    Saw a full sus tandem sat outside the village shop in Peaslake. So yes they do exist.
  • i love that nicoli Dh tandem!! would take some serious balls to ride on the back of that!!
    would be a bit of a 1,2,3 Hop type issue to clear any obsticles, but would also be a bloody good laugh!!!

tried to convince the lbs to get the lapierre tandems in as they are dealers for them!! they said No! :cry:
    not that i was going to buy one mind lol!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Anonymous
    you're going to struggle getting this beast around anything like tight, twisty singletrack with hairpin switchbacks,
    Hey, captain frikkin obvious, your home planet called, they want their retard back.
  • I think Mabie has a tandem for hire or sale.
    Cycle past it every weekend and think whats the point.
    Tandems are crap to cycle but should bring night rides in for the olympics!!! 8)
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    please, if you're going to be beardy, be really beardy.

A fully faired tandem dh recumbant with 29r wheels and ss drivetrain.
  • MTB Tandems, nothing new at all..

Available in Downhill trim

2672307642_8f0715a217.jpg

And.. also in 29'er configuration

StickelTandem_1.JPG

Case closed...
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLfEodfS2Ek

some great bike handling skills at the start.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    There were some mtb tandems on a Polaris Challenge event I did, they all beat me and my bartner :oops:

More tandems:

9325622.jpgellsworth_witness_frame_06.jpg
  • There used to be a pair competed in the Spanish DH championships on a FS tandem in the early 00s. The stoker had been blinded in a motorbike accident in his early 20s, I think they might have got some help from ONCE towards costs.
  • I hope the owners don't try anything too scary. You wouldn't want the person at the front getting too scared - look how low the handlebars for the rear rider is! :shock:
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Kinda fun I guess :?
    http://vimeo.com/12042264
    Don't think, BE:
  • Anonymous
    wobbem wrote:
    Kinda fun I guess :?
    http://vimeo.com/12042264
    Wow, that's the dullest thing I've ever seen. "freeriding" must mean something entirely different in tandemland huh?