Frame weight for Cube Ltd Pro

MountainMonster
MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
edited October 2010 in MTB general
Can anyone tell me the weight of the frame on a Cube LTD Pro? I've checked google, but it's only coming up with full bike weights.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    they used to be listed as 1900g for the small.
  • Ok cool, so probably 2200 or so for the medium which I have.

Looks like my lightening project will be alright to do to this bike after all.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    not 300g more, maybe 100g. This was for the 2009. Not sure if the frame is different now.
  • I'm not sure which year frame I have, I think a 2009.

Thinking I may turn the bike into a proper light weight climbing monster, so some exotic should be on the way soon.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    You could always strip the components off your frame and weigh it ;)
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Andy B wrote:
    You could always strip the components off your frame and weigh it ;)

Yeah I know, but no scales to weigh it on, and can't bummed to strip it and weigh. Maybe when I start getting new sets of parts in and rebuild over winter since won't be riding with 2 feet of snow on the ground for 4 months.
  • Okay a bit of advice on lightening my bike.

I've got racing ralph and nobby nic tyres on right now. Are there any tires that are equally as good, but at less weight than these ones? I really like how they perform on my trails I ride, but noticed they are over a kilo put together.

Also have Manitou Minutes 100's fitted, and like the way they perform as well, especially with having lockout. From what I can tell they are quite light from comparisons I have made to other forks, but are there any lighter comparative options?

Also a nice light BB and crankset would be good.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Get some scales & weigh everything and see where you can save weight, manufacturers weight can often be on the conservative side ;)

1kg for a pair of tyres is not that heavy, IIRC Maxxis did some flyweight tyres @ 330g each, but they were very prone to punctures & only gave grip in dry conditions

RS Sids are lightweight forks, but can be a little flexy compared to other heavier forks

XTR chainset will be lighter, but not as long lasting as your current chainset

Lightweight stuff can sometimes be more trouble than it's worth, it's a compromise between weight & longevity & toughness
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Yeah I will probably go invest in some scales eventually. Ive got normal scales for body weight, but no where near good enough for weighing small parts. Would a set of normal kitchen scales do the trick?

Yeah after looking seems like the tires are a good enough set at decent weight so not too concerned about those right now. First huge drop will be from the wheelset, which i've managed to find a good set around here for failry cheap, and about 500g savings from the ones i'Ve got.
  • Jesus, I just added up a build I was thinking of doing.

Thought of maybe buying a carbon frame from carbon cycles and lots of trick little bits from there, and converting the cube to SS for around town duties and just general messing about.

After looking at the price of everything I want to do it comes in at just around 800 or so, so may seriously think of buying the frame and all the other parts and starting my own build.

Ah winter projects!