Garmin Edge 705 won't start up

AndyRubio
AndyRubio Posts: 880
edited October 2010 in Workshop
Hi,

I deleted some courses from my Garmin Edge 705. The screen went blank, and pressing the start button did nothing. I plugged it into the mains adapter and the screen is still blank. I've tried holding down the Mode button at the same =time as starting, and the Reset button too. Nada.

I haven't found anything via Google about this, but I'm wondering if any of you lovely people can help me.

Thanks,
Andy

Comments

• Delete the history out of the internal memory, then try a re-set.

Failing that, plug into PC and do a software update or load a previous software version.

Check that none of the buttons are stuck down.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    are you running V3.2?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Latest update has been put back to 3.1 to sort numerous errors in 3.2 (last time I looked anyway, not updated mine because of the probs)
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • AndyRubio
    Nope, won't start up at all, can't be seen by PC, no idea which firmware is installed. This is a dead parrott.

Garmin contacted, Handtec where I bought it from also emailed. Grrr.
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    AndyRubio - here's a link to a long thread on the Garmin 705 support forum discussing this exact problem, it seems to have started with the firmware 3.02 revision which Garmin subsequently pulled...

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=9901
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • AndyRubio
    Top thanks DaSy!
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    Check out the post on page 5 by KingGary01 that includes a potential fix from Garmin, although it hasn't worked for everyone.
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • AndyRubio
    Ach tried it but it didn't work, never mind was worth a try.

Thanks,
    Andy