Good customer service! Ribble, CRC, wiggle

petemadoc
petemadoc Posts: 2,331
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
Just a change from the usual bad customer service threads

Ordered some wheels from Ribble and I managed to loose a spacer for the hub. Called them up and said I'd lost it and could I buy a replacement, they sent a new one out that day free of charge :D

Not had any problems with wiggle or CRC before but whenever I've returned stuff refunds have been actioned straight away with no problems.

Any other good customer service stories?

Comments

• father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Wiggle are great
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • For security, I wanted to give a shout out to Pragmasis (http://www.torc-anchors.com http://www.pragmasis.com). Have been asking them lots of questions and they are incredibly helpful.
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    Wiggle have been brilliant in my experience; I've used them lots of times in the past.

Their excellent attitiude to customer service should keep the orders rolling in for many years to come.

Shane, in particular always answers emails very quickly.
  • sundog
    sundog Posts: 243
    CRC are shocking in my experience
    Wiggle superb
    I like white bikes
  • tigerben
    tigerben Posts: 233
    I have just had a positive CRC customer service experience.....
  • father_jack
    sundog wrote:

Build it yourself. pal :wink:
  • petemadoc
    sundog wrote:

Build it yourself. pal :wink:

Yeah I saw that thread about the unbuilt bike in bits and a £20 voucher compensation. What a joke. That was dealt with pretty poorly IMO. I'd think twice about ordering anything that needs building (like a bike) from CRC.
  • father_jack
    I'd be livid if this arrived lol

picture-is-worth-sum-car-parts.jpg
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    1st - wiggle, a great on line retailer with lightning fast turn arounds
    2nd - ribble - fantastic value with the keenest prices (min order value)
    3 rd - CRC have slowed recently, but range is good

Evans - failed to price match, hence do not use. 8)
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    CRC I bought some glasses and 3 mavic chains, parcel turns up with no mavic chains, contact them, nothing so contact them again, they ask me to take pics of the packaging, nothing, then I go on holiday and havn't been bothered to chase it. so I suppose I could have done more. But I'm pretty sure that other companies like merlin or wiggle would have just sorted it.

BTW its not the first time I've ordered something from them so I'm pretty sure they could see I wasn't pulling a fast one. Actually thinking about it im getting annoyed about it humphh :evil:
  • solsurf
    Just to add I think my favorite is Merlin, I can still phone them up for advice and they have great prices. Wheelbase my local do everything else I need although at a cost, however they do give me a good amount off.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I use CRC regularly. Great prices, and except for one slow delivery (4 or 5 days shock horror) they've been excellent. Bought something Monday night, delivered Wednesday, bought chainset yesterday, already on it's way.
    Emailed them a question on it, friendly reply within the hour.

My main reason for using CRC (and avoiding Wiggle) is that CRC have contact phone numbers on their website. I defy you to find one on Wiggle. Hint - you have to google their address.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • petemadoc
    There seems to be a general bad feeling towards CRC lately. Fine as long as there isn't a problem to sort out sounds about right.

I measure customer service on how problems are dealt with rather than if your stuff turns up, that's the easy bit.
  • solsurf
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    There seems to be a general bad feeling towards CRC lately. Fine as long as there isn't a problem to sort out sounds about right.

I measure customer service on how problems are dealt with rather than if your stuff turns up, that's the easy bit.

On that basis I should stop using them then
  • CRC - no probs at all, sorted out quickly with a couple of returns, use very regularly :)
    Ribble - first port of call for anything groupset related, plenty of good service, good discounts for £50 and over, visited the warehouse shop a few times to collect :)
    Merlin - good service, best factory wheel prices IME :D
    Wiggle - OK sevice, prices not the best, lotsa stuff out of stock :?
    Dave Hinde ........... used Ebay shop once without probs :P
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Wiggle are the best!
  • UpTheWall
    UpTheWall Posts: 207
    Wiggle used to be awesome - saved my bacon in the middle of trips, and have had great customer service. and give out free sweets.

However, since they got bought out a year or two back, the service quality has dropped, less emails get answered, and their stock is really poor.
  • Impressed with Planet X, simply because of the delivery of my wheels; free and quick.
    PBK for the same
    Wiggle always get a star for haribos.
    Saw an encouraging thread about Rutland Cycles on here, too.
    Go for the break
    Create a chaingang
    Make sure you don't break your chain
  • solsurf
    edited October 2010
    oh yes I forgot planet x have been good in the past but for some reason I don't check their web site out much, I think it may be the pink bike thing, why?
  • UpTheWall
    UpTheWall Posts: 207
    But Pro BIke kit are a bit pants.

They don't package stuff as well, take a while to deliver, but most importantly don't deliver what they advertise:
    I ordered a team jersey. THe text said full length zip, and the picture had the same. But they sent me a jersey with a zip only a few inches long. It took a lot of arguing and silly threats about trades description act before they would replace it with what I paid for!
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    CRC - fast delivery, lots of stock, cheap prices
    Parkers - ok delivery, ok stock ok prices
    Wiggle, ok delivery, ok stock, prices seemed to have increased quite a bit from the 2007/8 days
    Ribble - nice a and cheap for framesets, wheels and other bits - I've had good experiences with them - some others haven't.
  • Excellent service from ribble recently. I had a dodgy seatclamp on my Sportive Racing, I went to the shop on my lunch break and they just replaced it FOC - even though I had no proof of purchase and didn't have the old clamp with me. No questions asked, and an apology for the inconvenience it had caused me.
    Given the negative press Ribble sometimes get on these pages I was pretty suprised. Just goes to show you sshould never believe all you read in the press! :) .
    'Pain is just weakness leaving your body'

Charge Duster SS
    GT Zaskar Carbon Expert
    '03 Stumpy HT
    Ribble Sportive Racing
  • CRC - Next day delivery = delivered the next day, but only when we get around to processing your order!

Wiggle are the BEST IMHO.
  • Very happy with CRC: Ordered Ultegra pedals at 11:50am on Friday (at approx 40% off rrp)...they arrived (free posteage) the next morning
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Wiggle by far my favorites.

Great service from PBK as well.

I'll never darken Merlin Cycles door again however cheap they maybe.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    What's the general opinion of Dotbike?

www.dotbike.com
  • pk64
    pk64 Posts: 53
    Bought a saddle from High on Bikes, Southport not long ago, came very quickly and was well packaged, postage was free aswell.
    2009 Trek 3900 - MTB (Upgraded)
    1976 Eddy Merckx - Road (Restored)
  • sundog
    sundog Posts: 243
    -1 for Wiggle, ordered something Friday, delivered Saturday but no Haribos
    I like white bikes
  • petemadoc
    pk64 wrote:
    Bought a saddle from High on Bikes, Southport not long ago, came very quickly and was well packaged, postage was free aswell.

+1 for these guys

Bough a few bits and bobs, prices always good and fast deliveries
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    CRC are usually very good in terms of stock and turnaround time.

Had a couple of returns off which one was dealt with quite poorly; A jar or energy powder came in with a hole in the seal. I took a pic and sent it over and they assured me it was not tempered with...
    Took it to the next level and they blamed it on customs (?)
    Anyway it was sorted in the end and since then did not have any more issues.

Ribble pissed me off once; Bought a crankset on a Friday night and about 15 minutes later got an email with a weekend sale voucher which could have saved me about £30...

Emailed them and got a reply on Monday with a cold answer saying I can cancel the order if I don't like the price...they cannot change the order???

Canceled and found a cheaper crankset on ebay from one of their competitors

Wiggle are good but are usually expensive and miss stock

Most others charge for P&P for up to 50£ or even more which is not really competitive