Welcome to Thursday morning

2»

Comments

• gazderry wrote:
    Golf is a four letter word. :evil:

I like golf in all forms

I don't. I have about £60k's worth of tickets currently sat on my desk. Somebody forgot to think about the logistics of actually getting them to clients and drafted me and my team in at the last minute to organise. Each ticket has to be individually allocated, documented and signed for. And, it starts tomorrow morning... :shock:

(and no, there aren't any spares, if fact we're a few short because the same someone who didn't organise the logistics, also can't count!)

Still, looking on the bright side, I'm on leave tomorrow and won't be contactable. And, hopefully, my new wheels will arrive and I'll spend the day drooling over them. :D
  • first time ever posting in a good morning thread....

I've just stripped and regreased the shimano component that says 'do not disassemble!!!!!'
    And found out you can't melt grease back into the bearings with a hairdryer...

oh the joys of being made redundant, spending time with the bike 8) repairing things you can't afford to replace :(
    Cut gate this afternoon after I've had my bacon and brown.
  • No one want to help me plant explosive golf balls?
  • No one want to help me plant explosive golf balls?

Think I'd prefer land-mines as per Caddyshack... :twisted:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    gazderry wrote:

I like golf in all forms

I don't. I have about £60k's worth of tickets currently sat on my desk. Somebody forgot to think about the logistics of actually getting them to clients and drafted me and my team in at the last minute to organise. Each ticket has to be individually allocated, documented and signed for. And, it starts tomorrow morning... :shock:

(and no, there aren't any spares, if fact we're a few short because the same someone who didn't organise the logistics, also can't count!)

Still, looking on the bright side, I'm on leave tomorrow and won't be contactable. And, hopefully, my new wheels will arrive and I'll spend the day drooling over them. :D

who is it you actually work for el cap? or do you not want to disclose that info on a public forum :D
  • BEHOLD!

bacon.jpg

Observe;
    cheesy top,
    loaded with bacon,
    brown with branston bite
    tea!

Muhaha
  • welshkev wrote:
    gazderry wrote:

I like golf in all forms

who is it you actually work for el cap? or do you not want to disclose that info on a public forum :D

I work for the Government... :(
  • welshkev wrote:
    gazderry wrote:

I like golf in all forms

And they can afford to waste cash sending people to the golf.. Awsome lol
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    welshkev wrote:
    gazderry wrote:

I like golf in all forms

And they can afford to waste cash sending people to the golf.. Awsome lol

Yeah, I was trying to figure that one out too!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Erm, this would be face (or ebay) value, not what we (the Govt) paid for them... :wink:

That said, I agree, complete waste of money/time.
  • Always said the public sector could be wasteful :p

But then i always wanted to work there, finance in Public is soooo much easier than Private :S
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    edited September 2010
    i work in the public sector funded by the government and they throw money at everything where i work other than where it's actually needed.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Sound's about right from what i've seen lol but hey ho.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    To be fair, our public money held up private sector isn't much better
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    BEHOLD!

bacon.jpg

Observe;
    cheesy top,
    loaded with bacon,
    brown with branston bite
    tea!

Muhaha
    You sir are a legend.
    If it didnt make me feel hungry i'd have that as my new desktop background. *drools*
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    BEHOLD!

bacon.jpg

Observe;
    cheesy top,
    loaded with bacon,
    brown with branston bite
    tea!

Muhaha

Did you buy them cups from Wilkinsons? And do you regret buying em because its quite hard to drink out of them?
  • I am having a nice spring morning on the @ss end of the planet where it's a temperate 26ºC :¬)
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Morrisons occasionally sell sets of crockery like the cups there. They are rather annoying, but I liked the square plates.

Mleh. Day after tomorrow got a smelly 500 mile drive. Can't be bothered.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    BEHOLD!

bacon.jpg

Observe;
    cheesy top,
    loaded with bacon,
    brown with branston bite
    tea!

Muhaha

Just got back in from my ride, and now after seeing that beaut, my coffee and ginger nut biscuits seem to pale in comparison! I'm off to grill me some pig!