Frank Schleck - Human Being ?

robert-sb
robert-sb Posts: 118
edited September 2010 in Pro race
Incredibly it seems he forgot to take his cycling shoes to the world's !

http://twitter.com/schleckfrank

Has any other pro cyclist forgotten anything minor like, perhaps, their bike ?

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Shoes would go in his own bags. Team would prolly be responsible for bringing his bike. Plus back-up, etc.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Oscar Freire is notoriously disorganised - pretty sure he's left shoes at home before now
  • Bronzie wrote:
    Oscar Freire is notoriously disorganised - pretty sure he's left shoes at home before now

I beleive Oscar has got on the team bus to go to a stage start with 1 shoe... And left his leaders jersey for TA back in the hotel too.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I often leave behind all my fitness and cycling ability when I go to races.
  • Bronzie wrote:

I beleive Oscar has got on the team bus to go to a stage start with 1 shoe... And left his leaders jersey for TA back in the hotel too.

More Freire:

At the 2005 Tirreno he also forgot he was the world champion and wore a regular Rabo-jersey that belonged to his roommate.

During a ride earlier that year he showed up with his jersey, his bike, his shoes and jeans.

After a training ride in Lisbon in 2001 he forgot the name of his hotel. A taxi driver had to drive past several hotels before Freire recognised the building. A few days later he won his 2nd rainbow jersey.

Menchov crashed during the TTT of the 2009 Tour de France. Freire was interviewed several minutes after they had finished, he didn't remember any crash.
  • Bernardus wrote:
    Menchov crashed during the TTT of the 2009 Tour de France. Freire was interviewed several minutes after they had finished, he didn't remember any crash.

Obviously too focused on the ride.... :wink:
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    Dan Martin forgot his shoes for the 2004 World's Junior RR and had to do the first lap in his trainers.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Bernardus wrote:

Obviously too focused on the ride.... :wink:

More like it had happened so many times before he didn't think of it as significant.