Tyres...arghhh!

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
So 4 days ago I replaced my worn (3500 puncture free miles) Marathon Plus with a Durano Plus. Looked at the tyre last night and it now has an 8mm cut right across it, deep enough to show the blue puncute protection strip. Really pissed me off!

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    So 4 days ago I replaced my worn (3500 puncture free miles) Marathon Plus with a Durano Plus. Looked at the tyre last night and it now has an 8mm cut right across it, deep enough to show the blue puncute protection strip. Really pissed me off!

Super glue
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:

Super glue

Done. 8)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    @ E-C.

Not tyre-related, but I had to stop by to let you know my forced purchase (by you) of the red knee warmers, leading to financial ruin was a good decision. Knees are nice and toasty :lol:
  • Cafewanda wrote:
    @ E-C.

Not tyre-related, but I had to stop by to let you know my forced purchase (by you) of the red knee warmers, leading to financial ruin was a good decision. Knees are nice and toasty :lol:

Glad to be of service! Short term loss, long term gain. Happy Days! :D