RockShox Poploc stuck

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited December 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
I have cleaned and lubed the cable, that doesn't make a difference and I have also lubed the bit that twists on the fork, didn't help. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this or if there is a service guide out there, I can't find one on the Sram website, although maybe I'm just blind.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what is actually not moving?
    lever or cable or dial?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    nicklouse wrote:
    what is actually not moving?
    lever or cable or dial?

Canyon_Nerve_XC_3dot0_591.JPG

This blue thing isnt moving when I release the poploc, I have to do a quick wheelie in order to get it unlocked quickly. I have redone the cable so I know its not that, and the actually poploc thing on the handle bar is fine
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    remove it and see what the spring is like. it may have slipped.

download the manual. and have a read if the FAQs about the MoCo spring.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    Mine does this if I have the pressure set lower for correct sag if I don't it releases instantly
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er
  • Anonymous
    REVIVING! still doesn't go well, I can move it by hand, but when I release the thing on the bar it doesnt move, so then I have to reach down and twist it, which defeats the purpose of it!
  • Change the inner and outer cable, (standard gear cables)
    Suspension servicing, tuning, parts, setup and race support
    Locotuning.co.uk
  • REVIVING! still doesn't go well, I can move it by hand, but when I release the thing on the bar it doesnt move, so then I have to reach down and twist it, which defeats the purpose of it!

I have same problem. I changed the cables and didnt make a difference for me. So I persume itll be internal.
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Yep - mines been like it for ages now - not missed too much though tbh.... - definatley something internal
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • desmojen
    desmojen Posts: 136
    Mine did this too. I mentioned it when I was at TF Tuned the other day, and they said it is because Rockshox use a part internally which swells in the oil. The only way to fix it is to replace this part. Apparently some swell and some don't. TF can supply an in house machined replacement part that cures the problem if it bothers you enough.

Jen.
  • How much are we talking for that?
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9