rate my brunch

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
in as much as it is breakfast at lunchtime, not a hippy halfway between the 2 meals meal, brunch in that manner is not allowed.

5022289223_ce1a50705c_z.jpg

2 eggs fried in butter on un-buttered multiseed loaf
tomato and mushrooms roasted in the oven with 3 tescos finest lincolnshire sausages
tomatoe ketchup
mug of cart noire
the black flecks are cracked pepper

secret to the breakfast is that the sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes were cooked in the same pan as i made some roast pork yesterday for extra deliciousness.

Comments

• Baconfail! :shock:
  • Anonymous
    sausage > bacon
  • sausage + bacon > no bacon.
  • Anonymous
    sausage + bacon > no bacon.
    fair one i spose. either way, i reckon that brunch (brunch in a good way not a gay way dont forget) should help me reach top speeds of 70 or 80 up hill in the granny ring in a short while.
  • face on a plate fail :(

excellent otherwise, notwithstanding bacon issue
  • sausage + bacon > no bacon.
    fair one i spose. either way, i reckon that brunch (brunch in a good way not a gay way dont forget) should help me reach top speeds of 70 or 80 up hill in the granny ring in a short while.

Definitely. :D

Although you might want to have a couple of pints on the way just to make sure...
  • like the concessionary brown bread touch, extra marks for that
  • Anonymous
    like the concessionary brown bread touch, extra marks for that

i thought id eat dry toast seing as the eggs were fried in butter and the rest was roasted in pork fat, every little helps eh!!?

oh, i used sweetener in the coffee instead of sugar.
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    those bangers look like theyd oink if you put a fork in em.
    sausages must be super crispy (like bacon) FTW, fact
  • Those bare feet put me off :shock:
  • absolutely it helps. as the doctor told me a while back stop trying to eat your own weight in black pudding (despite being grilled) with these mixed grill things and be sensible

and i put my fried eggs on kitchen paper and pat the top - and i have porridge every morning to soak any surplus rogue fat up to counteract these types of 'must have' feeds.
  • Anonymous
    psymon wrote:
    those bangers look like theyd oink if you put a fork in em.
    sausages must be super crispy (like bacon) FTW, fact

they were cooked right through but still soft, the side you can see is the underside, the top werent much darker but loked a bit less anaemic.

also

bacon should be soft a should bacon, infact, everything should be cooked until just cooked and not a moment longer.
  • Oh - makes my grilled bacon sandwich look totally wimpish :(

But calorie-wise there's a long way to go to reach these levels:

New foods at 2010 State Fairs
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • Anonymous
    absolutely it helps. as the doctor told me a while back stop trying to eat your own weight in black pudding (despite being grilled) with these mixed grill things and be sensible

and i put my fried eggs on kitchen paper and pat the top - and i have porridge every morning to soak any surplus rogue fat up to counteract these types of 'must have' feeds.

the way i look at it is that im going to have a fry up on the odd occasion, i dont do it every weekend and when i do i just have what i like. but i find by changing a couple of things, its not a massive greasefest and although its never going to be as healthy as cereal for a meal, its not the worst thing.
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    there seems to be some unfried red things on there. far too healthy, replace with hash browns.
  • Anonymous

B-Limey, i wouldnt even have the imagination to come up with those "recipes" let alone the inclination to bother making them!!
  • I like the retro real workmans mug. Its the little touches....
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

• oh, i used sweetener in the coffee instead of sugar.

sorry-youre-a-homo.jpg
  • Anonymous
    i can only assume that the broken image used to show someone legendary?