rotor cranks

Gavin Cook
Gavin Cook Posts: 307
edited October 2010 in Workshop
I have Rotor cranks on my road bike and would like to take them off as I am selling my bike. Have you any idea how to take them off and what tools are required.

Thanks
Gavin

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,850
    probably just some allen keys, if you want to take off the bb too you'll need a bb tool to match whichever one you've got

rotor manuals are here, find the one for your cranks and it should be straightforward...

http://www.rotorbikeusa.com/support.html
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    You want to sell the cranks too? :)
  • Pokerface wrote:
    You want to sell the cranks too? :)

Not just yet, but I'll let you know if I do :wink:
  • sungod wrote:
    probably just some allen keys, if you want to take off the bb too you'll need a bb tool to match whichever one you've got

rotor manuals are here, find the one for your cranks and it should be straightforward...

http://www.rotorbikeusa.com/support.html

Thanks for the help !

Gavin
  • Pokerface
    Bought a pair, complete with Rotor rings. (Already have a set of the rings - now I can fit them on both my bikes)
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Bought a pair, complete with Rotor rings. (Already have a set of the rings - now I can fit them on both my bikes)

Thats what I plan to do. I have the older Agilis cranks which I am going to put on my spare bike. Where did you buy yours from ? What price do they sell for in the UK ?
  • Pokerface
    Gavin Cook wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Thats what I plan to do. I have the older Agilis cranks which I am going to put on my spare bike. Where did you buy yours from ? What price do they sell for in the UK ?

Where did I buy what? The rings? From velotechservices.com - the UK distributor. Prices are pretty much the same everywhere in the UK for the rings. I paid £160 I think for a set of the TT rings. (But only paid £190 for a set of Rotor 3D cranks complete with the TT rings second-hand).
  • Pokerface
    My Rotor 3D cranks arrived today. Very impressed with how light they are. Look great with the TT Q-Rings on them as well. Perfect addition to my Cervelo S3
  • Pokerface wrote:
    My Rotor 3D cranks arrived today. Very impressed with how light they are. Look great with the TT Q-Rings on them as well. Perfect addition to my Cervelo S3

Ok thanks. That seems a very reasonable price. I live in Spain so I am going to price them up here. Maybe they are a little cheaper here as Rotor is a Spanish company.
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    They are much much cheaper here in Spain than UK. (at least at the prices I got them they are!)
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • Pokerface
    4kicks wrote:
    They are much much cheaper here in Spain than UK. (at least at the prices I got them they are!)

That's interesting. I looked at prices from Spain and they didn't seem much cheaper. Can you provide a source?
  • 4kicks wrote:

Ok, thanks. Where did you buy yours from ?

Gavin
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Bought them from one of my LBS, S'escapada. www.sescapada.com

I get a discount, but even without it Qrings were 110 Euros for a set. I didnt actually buy the cranks (I bought some KCNC aluminium ones off the ´Bay for less than 100 bucks) but I remember when I looked at teh Rotor cranks there they were much cheaper than Id seen on any internet shop. The shop mechanics coming up here this weekend for a ride so I can ask him for a quote if you want, but of course the shippping will probably kill you.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....