What deep sections?

gazer
gazer Posts: 33
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi like the tiltle says im interested in a pair of deep section wheels which would be preferablly 50mm deep and i have up to £ 400 to spend, so ive seem the Planet X wheels but i would prefer a clincher wheel , so what do you guys think what are your recomendations?

Cheers Gareth

exercise.png

Comments

• fuerte bici or quest 50mm wheels i think both would mean upping ypur budget by 100 pounds
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    gazer wrote:
    Hi like the tiltle says im interested in a pair of deep section wheels which would be preferablly 50mm deep and i have up to £ 400 to spend, so ive seem the Planet X wheels but i would prefer a clincher wheel , so what do you guys think what are your recomendations?

Cheers Gareth

might help to know what type of riding you plan on doing.....
  • gazer
    gazer Posts: 33
    i intend on doing some 10 mile TT's on them but the main use will be in crits

Cheers Gareth

exercise.png
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    I would be interested in hearing ideas too.

I was looking at the P-X's, but I was put off by their weight limits, especially if you were going to use them for crits.

I am after a set of strong, aero rims for just time trials.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    danowat wrote:
    I would be interested in hearing ideas too.

I was looking at the P-X's, but I was put off by their weight limits, especially if you were going to use them for crits.

I am after a set of strong, aero rims for just time trials.

Try wheelsmith.co.uk Dan. he built up the same Gigantex rims for me using a conbination of spokes to allow for weight and riding style