Gore Phantom's £83.99 at wiggle...

lastant
lastant Posts: 526
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
...an absolute bargain of a price for a terrific product and quite possibly the best piece of cycling attire I've purchased.

May just be a weekend deal, but well worth snapping one up if you're after a jacket that'll more or less see you through all four seasons.
One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Luckily the yellow in XL has sold out, or I would have been forced to make a purchase. That is a keen price.....
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    I'm sorry, but how much? I don't think I've ever spent £85 on an item of clothing apart from suits.

We really get reamed for cycle kit.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    lastant wrote:
    ...an absolute bargain of a price for a terrific product and quite possibly the best piece of cycling attire I've purchased.

Agreed, I got mine for about this price last year, brilliant peice of kit. I actually ordered two, to be sure I'd got the right size, then sent one back for a refund. I love Wiggle! :D
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    W1 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but how much? I don't think I've ever spent £85 on an item of clothing apart from suits.

We really get reamed for cycle kit.

The rule of diminishing returns, I spent even more on a Gore Path II, on a plus side they replaced it after 10 months use when the zipper broke, can't complain about that, not sure endura would do the same for an item half the price?
  • It's not even waterproof.

Just put a jumper on.