Casual cycle wear..

iPete
iPete Posts: 6,076
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
..that can work hard?

I'll get it out of the way first, I'm vain, now... :lol:

I cover a lot of miles, live in the suburbs, scrapped my car and don't want to wear my lycra for a trip to the supermarket, gym, pub etc but need to survive the elements and my own perspiration.

So far, the Charge Surface range is brilliant, water resistant, breathable, smart and doesn't cost the earth. Have the shorts, the hoodie and the jacket looks great but I don't want to dress head to toe in one brand, any other recommendations for smart casual jerseys, merino perhaps etc etc?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/m/cycle/7/Surface/

p.s. without looking like a bike messenger!

Comments

• Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    Mountain bike brands are your friend, if you like really casual...

Sombrio
    Dakine
    Fox

etc
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    iPete wrote:
    So far, the Charge Surface range is brilliant...

Is this all from my 'What 'smart' shorts...?' thread? If so, lol! I am really tempted with their hoodie having seen it in Evans...

Shutt are just about to release their new Autumn and Winter collection which includes some off the bike bits and pieces.
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • iPete
    haha, yes it is :lol:

My wallet is ruined! Its so good to have great working clothing that nobody has a clue is bike wear.

I'll deffo keep an eye on Shutt..
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Apparently Swrve are pretty good.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • 20090107_brooklyn_ls.jpg
    9551.jpg

End thread.
  • i've got a pair of those wanker socks..... and a pair of black ones that say evil, its good to mix and match 8)
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I wear endura singletrack 3/4s when off the bike, they look ok!
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • iPete
    i've got a pair of those wanker socks..... and a pair of black ones that say evil, its good to mix and match 8)

aha brilliant :twisted:

I'm just going to buy more Surface stuff, MTB specific stuff doesn't quite cut it, used the hoody a few times now, brilliant.

Going to buy the aquaphobic jacket as it'll double as a nice cycle/casual/ski jacket this winter.
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/sur ... t-ec022560
  • t0pc4t wrote:
    I wear endura singletrack 3/4s when off the bike, they look ok!

They look no worse without a bike than they do with it.... but 3/4s always look silly.

Cheers,
    W.