Cannondale frame exchange

jonwil28
jonwil28 Posts: 4
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
Should I accept Cannondale's offer of a 6 carbon frame in exchange for my 2007 6/13 frame which is corroding at the cf/ aluminium junctions. I believe that the corrosion is purely cosmetic and is something I could live with if the exchange was going to be a retrograde step.

Any experience or opinions anyone?

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I would accept the replacement -you don't know if the aluminium isn't corroding underneath the carbon - the first you'll know is when it splits the carbon due to the aluminium oxide build-up. This was a common problem with some of the original carbon frames over 20 years ago - anodising / coating of the aluminium prevents it, but sounds as though there's a problem with your frame.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Besides which, the frame you are being offered is amazing ;)
  • Besides which, the frame you are being offered is amazing ;)

Can you enlarge on amazing.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    jonwil28 wrote:
    Besides which, the frame you are being offered is amazing ;)

Can you enlarge on amazing.

Full carbon opposed to carbon/alu. Well reviewed, won cycling plus bike of the year.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    The six is a good frame but the six13 is an amazing frame. Mines just been written off and I am not sure if I would go for the six as a replacement, now the hi-mod, well that's a different kettle of fish :wink:
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Thanks for all your responses. As it's a lifetime warranty I'll probably hang on to the 6/13 a little longer and see how the corrosion develops