Go Pro Hero HD (pinkbike)

jadamson
jadamson Posts: 644
edited October 2010 in MTB general
Pinkbike are currently selling the Go Pro HD camera for £189.64 free shipping to the UK, my question is...will the (US) version if the camera work fine on everything British? as in is it compatible, if so i think i might make the purchase :D

Comments

• jadamson wrote:
    Pinkbike are currently selling the Go Pro HD camera for £189.64 free shipping to the UK, my question is...will the (US) version if the camera work fine on everything British? as in is it compatible, if so i think i might make the purchase :D
    Be careful to check if it has region selection in the settings, if not the US version may be set to NTSC which wont work on most UK TV sets. PAL is the UK equivalent.

Having said that i know nothing about the GoPro, im just going off what i know from cameras i have.
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    To my knowledge, PAL or NTSC settings are set in your movie maker. GoPro HD records video files which are then edited and viewed (in your chosen format PAL/NTSC) on your PC. Proud owner of GoPro HD, and you sir is very very very lucky bastid to have it for such a low price!
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • popstar wrote:
    To my knowledge, PAL or NTSC settings are set in your movie maker. GoPro HD records video files which are then edited and viewed (in your chosen format PAL/NTSC) on your PC. Proud owner of GoPro HD, and you sir is very very very lucky bastid to have it for such a low price!
    In this case you shouldn't have a problem :)
  • one more question then, does it work with apple mac? :D
  • No reason why it shouldn't.
  • i got myself one of these a few months ago, bargainacious
  • Lummox wrote:
    i got myself one of these a few months ago, bargainacious

did you get yours from pinkbike? if so any customs charges or anything? or just 189.64
  • came through marked as 'DVD' no charges, although i think i paid very slightly more

Get a chesty mount too
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    popstar wrote:
    Nope. NTSC and PAL are very different. From frame rates, to amount of lines to make up the image.

With the advent of "HD", I think it's all universal now though, as far as I know.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Just be aware you're likely to get hit for import duties as well. And also,budget for a decent sized memory card and unless you're on Windows 7 for some editing software too. No worries about US/UK spec though, it charges from USB only anyway (or from a USB mains charger which will cost you about a fiver) and you can select NTSC or PAL from the camera menu.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • You have a link ?

Can only see it for £220 ??

http://www.pinkbike.com/shop/?op=viewca ... egoryid=20
  • SerX72 wrote:
    You have a link ?

Can only see it for £220 ??

http://www.pinkbike.com/shop/?op=viewca ... egoryid=20

was £189.64 yesterday, either they put it up or there doing it by direct day to day currency convert and its gone up? not sure...
  • hey,
    i ordered on the 15th and still haven't received it, has anyone bought on of these off pinkbike before and are they reliable, also they don't seem to be replying to my requests for a tracking number, Any Help?