Punctures

knj23
knj23 Posts: 29
edited September 2010 in Road beginners
Having only used a mountain bike before and am just about to buy a road bike i am wondering how often punctures occur compared to a mountain bike? thanks

Comments

• Every 2 yards. :wink:
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    With cheap tyres fairly frequently
    With decent tyres much less frequently
    With decent tyres pumped up correctly and ridden with a bit of care hardly ever :D
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • Hrun
    Hrun Posts: 116
    200 miles so far and no puncture :)

I am confident enough to take primary and refuse to ride in the gutter where all the debris seems to accumulate. Hopefully this will help.
    A biking runner :)
  • john o groats to lands end no punctures plus about 800miles since then still no puncture!
    continental gatorskin tyres amazing! i am worried after posting this i will get one every time i go out :D
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Willing to tempt fate here. I haven't punctured since the 8 August 2009 and have logged some 3,600 miles in that time.

As per topdude, decent tyres at a reasonable PSI, not ridden in the gutter, will greatly increase your chances of trouble free running from your tyres.
    From time to time you'll be unlucky. The last time I punctured it was a 3" nail that would've ripped out anything let alone a 23c race tyre.