Rockshox revelation sl internal travel adjust help.

Imagesforsegways
Imagesforsegways Posts: 5
edited August 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi.
New to the forums. I have just ordered a gt force 2.0 (SRAM). It comes with a revelation sl 140mm air fork. I think that rockshox up'd the travel to 150mm for 2010 so could I adjust the travel by taking out a spacer to
Make them 150? Or do the SL/oem forks come with shorter stantions? Thanks for your help and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    may be maybe not it depends on what GT said they wanted.

download the service manual and then when the bike comes you will be able to see if you can.

but it makes me wonder why they speced the bike at 140mm while you want to go to 150. Did you get the right bike?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks Nicklouse. I was just wondering if I would have the opertunity to try it at both settings really. I read this earlier this morning about the 08 model and thought it might be useful to be able to adjust it.
    "If anything it’s the fork that holds it back, betraying the compromise of a lightish 140mm fork on a bike that really deserves a stiffer 150mm unit to match the rear end. But that would add more weight. You pays your money…"
    I guess I will soon see.