Cadence readings on Bontrager Trip 3

bowmanr
bowmanr Posts: 4
edited August 2010 in Workshop
Hi,

NEWBIE ALERT!!!

I am new around these parts. Sorry to jump in with a question immediately! I've searched around and have found nothing to help thus far, therefore, I'll cheekily ask here ...

I've just had my local dealer install a Bontrager Trip 3 to my new bike. The Cadence sensor mostly reads ZERO, occasionally there are values. :? The gap is about 1.5mm. The sensor is not moved between showing readings and not showing (AFAIK).

For instance, on my test ride earlier, I started out and glanced down once, and it showed ZERO, a couple of minutes later when I glanced down, it was reading values. I pulled up to adjust the saddle and it showed ZERO as expected (I'd stopped!). I started again and it never showed anything other than ZERO again for about 3 minutes, at which point I got home.

I've only had opportunity to take my new bike out for a quick test ride, about 10 minutes. The dealer is closed at the moment, so I can't ask them.

Is this behaviour abnormal? Or does it start reading only after a period of time?

Thanks for any thoughts, much appreciated.

Robert

Comments

• bowmanr
    bowmanr Posts: 4
    ah ha!! fixed it. the crank arm device and sensor were the correct distance, but clearly not quite aligned correctly. i centered it and all is well.

thanks
    robert