Fundraising query

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Instead of just doing pedal for scotland for the sake of it Mother pointed out I should try and raise some money for charity. So I'm going to.

But I have a question. Can you just download the charity's sponsorship form and send it in when done.

Comments

• lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Easiest thing to do is set up a justgiving page. I've run two now and had no problems with either. That way you don't have to go round with a paper form getting pledges and, probably more importantly, don't have the hassle of having to chase people up post-event!

If the charity / cause you're wanting to raise money for isn't on there though that'll cause some problems. Sorry.
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    If the charity you choose is registered with bmycharity, you can collect donations & pass 100% of them to the cause, unlike justgiving. You can also keep tabs of offline donations so others know how close you are to your target.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Just giving allows you to put in offline donations as well. I normally collect it and add it as a donation from myself, you can then get the tax element on it too, and it shows on the page. Worked well for me.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    Just giving allows you to put in offline donations as well. I normally collect it and add it as a donation from myself, you can then get the tax element on it too, and it shows on the page. Worked well for me.
    That's really what I was wondering about, how to make sure the charity can still claim the gift aid thing with offline donations.

Anyway, I've created a justgiving page to get started, if anyone feels like donating the link is in my signature :wink:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Loks like we got our own SuBo. No doubt more pleasing on the eye than the other SuBo. BTW you're off the mark.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • suzyb
    redvee wrote:
    Loks like we got our own SuBo. No doubt more pleasing on the eye than the other SuBo. BTW you're off the mark.
    I'm not so sure tbh :(

Thanks for the donation though :D