Jerking front disc brake!

infowarrior
infowarrior Posts: 4
edited August 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Getting really bad jerking when braking only from front brake in wet and dry conditions. The bike is a 2010 fuji tahoe, bought it brand new only couple of months ago, brakes are aguria comp hydraulic discs. Thought it might be just crap that had built up on the rotor. They looked pretty clean anyway but still cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol but it's still happening. Anyone got any ideas??

Comments

• My guess would be worn brake pads so maybe try replacing those?
  • Rotors can't be worn down, bike's virtually brand new.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    does it match the shape of the disc?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Had it out on the trails yesterday and the longer I was out on it the better the brakes got so my thought was that I may have had something on the pads that wore down a bit but I'm still getting the jerking a bit today. V strange.
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    Had it out on the trails yesterday and the longer I was out on it the better the brakes got so my thought was that I may have had something on the pads that wore down a bit but I'm still getting the jerking a bit today. V strange.

Has the been ridden much and were the pads bedded in properly when the bike was 1st ridden ?
  • wesk
    wesk Posts: 131
    turn the bike upside down, spin the wheel. Look between the pads at the disk. Does it stay straight as the wheel spins? Could be that it's had a knock and is out of true. It's possible to straighten (tweaak with an adjustable spanner, tightened to hold the disk), but I normally chuck a new superstar one on - ony £10.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    wesk wrote:
    turn the bike upside down,.

which may cause a hydro lock in the fork. and may allow air into the brake hose.

just keep on using it and as the disc beds in it will sort its self out.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • wesk
    wesk Posts: 131
    nicklouse wrote:
    wesk wrote:
    turn the bike upside down,.

which may cause a hydro lock in the fork. and may allow air into the brake hose.

just keep on using it and as the disc beds in it will sort its self out.

Will it? bloody hell, that's something else I'm doing wrong.

Bike stand on it's way!!