Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    from the clouds it still looks more southerly
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm getting sick and tired of riding into an eternal headwind. I've actually fogotten what a tailwind feels like.

Headwind on the way in, headwind on the way home. WTF, is it because I'm fat and obstruct the natural flow of wind so it always heads towards.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    I'm heading East! :D
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm getting sick and tired of riding into an eternal headwind. I've actually fogotten what a tailwind feels like.

Headwind on the way in, headwind on the way home. WTF, is it because I'm fat and obstruct the natural flow of wind so it always heads towards.

So it's a no to CS3 tonight then :wink:
  • gbsahne wrote:
    I'm heading East! :D

That really helps. :twisted:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    From my Apple Dictionary

lovely |ˈləvlē|
    adjective ( -lier , -liest )
    exquisitely beautiful : you have lovely eyes | lovely views.
    • informal very pleasant or enjoyable; delightful : we've had a lovely day | she's a lovely person.
    ORIGIN Old English luflic (see love , -ly 1 ).

In what way does that apply to a headwind?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    DonDaddyD wrote:

try living round Aylesbury if it's headwinds you want - it's the bottom of a valley so the wind whips through

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    rjsterry wrote:
    From my Apple Dictionary

lovely |ˈləvlē|
    adjective ( -lier , -liest )
    exquisitely beautiful : you have lovely eyes | lovely views.
    • informal very pleasant or enjoyable; delightful : we've had a lovely day | she's a lovely person.
    ORIGIN Old English luflic (see love , -ly 1 ).

i·ro·ny
    1    /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
    –noun, plural -nies.
    the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
    Literature .
    a.
    a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
    b.
    (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

:wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rjsterry wrote:

Dunno, I speak Essex not Apple.

• i·ro·ny
    –noun, plural -nies.

And that. :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Just had a masseeef monsoon-style downpour here. Downstairs is a flood; it's now bright & sunny out tho. :)
  • Hmmm... Wind Guru predict half an inch of rain between 7 and 10 pm tonight. Must leave on time. Must leave on time.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Binned the second half of my coast to coast because of the rain - it would have been chasing me all the way to Scarborough :lol: Went into work instead.......

Still, wind looks a bit less now and it is brightening up here so the commute home should be OK......

Might order a bike when I get home :?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rjsterry

i·ro·ny
    –noun, plural -nies.

And that. :D

Yeah, I did get that. Just being grumpy.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Oh balls!!!!

Typically most days were wind free in Windshire over the last couple of non cycling weeks, now look what happened http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

gust of 45 mph :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    The clouds are now going the other way.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • I don't mind which whey they're going so long as they're not above me.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • Well it was a tough headwind as expected. 30 minutes into ride I got soaked by a passing shower...and by the time I got home I had completely dried out!
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    30 minutes into ride I got soaked by a passing shower...

Always close the shower curtain before turning it on!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    That headwind sucked balls
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Ugh, horrible.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Rolf F wrote:
    Still, wind looks a bit less now

Wrong :(
    Rolf F wrote:
    and it is brightening up here so the commute home should be OK......

Wrong :(:cry:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rjsterry
    Weirdly, the Millbank wind tunnel and the downdraft from the Millbank Tower weren't too bad. Balham High Road was however very gusty, as was the run through Mitcham - very patchy.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Picked up a drafting fairy on PB today and took him all the way to the roundabout for sheet gate / White lodge where I waved him past. He apologised for being lazy and had hoped I'd take him up the hill. Anyway, he thankfully took over the front and towed me to Ham Cross where he said goodbye. Top man.

I'm also ashamed to say I drafted a large gentleman on an mtb between Kingstong and HC.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • I was even debating using the granny gear, trouble with fairly upright position. though give us a tailwind and I sail as you where!
  • I travel north east on my 12.5 mile commute from work so the wind was blowing me all the way home...and at some rate...I reckon this was the one of the best journeys from work I've had this year! :D It was blustery in the morning so there didn't seem too much of a headwind. I had the best of both worlds but boy was it hoomid. Wore one layer too many this morning and was drenched in sweat...well more than normal anyway!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I travel north east on my 12.5 mile commute from work so the wind was blowing me all the way home...and at some rate...I reckon this was the one of the best journeys from work I've had this year! :D It was blustery in the morning so there didn't seem too much of a headwind. I had the best of both worlds but boy was it hoomid. Wore one layer too many this morning and was drenched in sweat...well more than normal anyway!

Everyone hates you, and hopes you never post on here again. :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Asprilla wrote:
    I'm also ashamed to say I drafted a large gentleman on an mtb between Kingstong and HC.

I may have had a couple of mins myself behind a big lad on a big bike - well - he wasn't happy with my acceleration away from the lights (which was pitiful by the way) so nipped ahead - fine big boy you can drag my broken body along for a while - I'm banjaxed
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    That was some interesting resistance training, I couldn't even find many buses to draft :evil:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Yesterday was bad!

By Kennington Road I was somehow hitting 23mph and then the wind blew and I was fitting to keep 16mph and had to play with the hybrids. Then saw a baby fall out of a pram, laying in the road on its back. Didn't look real until Mum picked it up and I saw the baby was crying, fooking shocking.

Wind along Clapham hit me sideways and made me proper wobble. Not fun.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game