Fulcrum Red Metal 3's - missing components from Rutland

chris1001
chris1001 Posts: 58
edited November 2010 in MTB general
Hi,

Bought a pair of Fulcrum Red Metal 3's from Rutland Cycling the other day. Yesterday I discovered that the front QR was missing, so a quick phone call and hopefully thats on its way, not the end of the world. Today I started to get the wheels ready for use, noticed that a couple of parts missing from the bag - magnet and nipple guide, no big deal, just annoying. Then just as I'd transferred the brake disks and cassette over form my old wheels I realised that both UST valves were missing. Initially I thought that Fulcrum were just being stingy, until I re-read the instructions which states that the valves come ready assembled into each wheel... grrr!. I've fitted inner tubes for now as I had to do some miles today, but this is just a bodge. I'm shocked that Rutland sent these out so stripped, and kicking myself that I didnt just get them to collect the whole damn lot. Is this typical servcie of this mail order bike shop, or is it perhaps that Fulcrum just dont QC their products before dispatch?
:evil:
Cheers

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Sounds like an accident, one that slipped through the net: it happens.

Just give them another call I am sure all will be fine.
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    You're better off re-addressing problem with Rutland, if the wheels were packaged from Fulcrum, I doubt very much Rutland would open the package to check it's all there.

You admitted that they quickly corrected the 1st omission, if you took your time to check everything at that point, one call to them would've sorted it all out.
  • Thanks, your comments are somewhat re-assuring, certainly no suggestions of 'dont touch that outfit, bunch of cowboys' etc! Which I was fearing to be honest. Just realised that the jiffy bag that contained the missing items had been opened previously - I guess at the shop, so no doubt someone there had indeed raided it for parts. And yes, I should have taken more time to examine every component, although being new to UST I didnt quite know what to expect. Will see how long they take to resolve this.
    All the best, Chris
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    chris1001 wrote:
    Hi,

Bought a pair of Fulcrum Red Metal 3's from Rutland Cycling the other day. Yesterday I discovered that the front QR was missing, so a quick phone call and hopefully thats on its way, not the end of the world. Today I started to get the wheels ready for use, noticed that a couple of parts missing from the bag - magnet and nipple guide, no big deal, just annoying. Then just as I'd transferred the brake disks and cassette over form my old wheels I realised that both UST valves were missing. Initially I thought that Fulcrum were just being stingy, until I re-read the instructions which states that the valves come ready assembled into each wheel... grrr!. I've fitted inner tubes for now as I had to do some miles today, but this is just a bodge. I'm shocked that Rutland sent these out so stripped, and kicking myself that I didnt just get them to collect the whole damn lot. Is this typical servcie of this mail order bike shop, or is it perhaps that Fulcrum just dont QC their products before dispatch?
    :evil:
    Cheers

That's what you get with Rutland, Thier customer service says one thing but does another! Oh and you'll have too wait a fortnight for those parts as they carry absolutely no stock what so ever!!!!!! If you can take them into one of they're stores they're a lot better and not connected with the internet section!!!!!All in all I just use better online retailers and my LBS now.
    P.s Ring them, they take ages answering emails.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Chris1001 I'm on to it now, I have spoke to one of our customer service guys though and they say it's been sorted? Let me know if it hasn't.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Hi,

I recieved a phone call from Jason, a front QR skewer arrived yesterday (many thanks) but none of the other missing parts. Jason agreed that I could buy the UST valves from Chain Reaction as they had stock and Rutland would refund the cost of the valves, however I havnt recieved any notification that this has been done.

Chris
  • DIESELDOG
    On it now Chris1001. I'll speak to Jason and Jonny.

DD

• Hi DD,

Any news yet? I still havent heard anything, and no reply to my emails to confirm whats actually happening.

Chris
  • forcutty wrote:

That's what you get with Rutland, Thier customer service says one thing but does another! Oh and you'll have too wait a fortnight for those parts as they carry absolutely no stock what so ever!!!!!! If you can take them into one of they're stores they're a lot better and not connected with the internet section!!!!!All in all I just use better online retailers and my LBS now.
    P.s Ring them, they take ages answering emails.

Yes, I'm afraid that you are quite right, another week has passed and other than the QR skewers no other parts have arrived, and no refund for the UST valves that I had to purchase elsewhere. Never be using them again, and I dont advise anyone else does. Terrible customer services who dont reply to emails and dont bother to explain whats going on, they answer the phones but dont fulfill their promises.
  • Nearly 3 and half months later and still awaiting the missing parts from Rutland, despite numerous phone calls and emails (they just ignore the emails now). Buyer beware.
  • DIESELDOG
    Chris, I have your PM customer services aren't here yet but will be duly spoken too as to why they haven't responded to your emails, this really is not good enough.

DD.