Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting chat

New bike delivery!

aldricaldric Posts: 161
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
I was expecting my new bike to arrive today from Wiggle having paid £20 for a Saturday delivery.

The delivery man turns up with a medium sized box which contained all the accessories I bought. He then walks up the drive and is about to get back in to his van!!!

I go after him and shout where's the other package?! and am politely told that there isn't one! :x

The Wiggle website says that the bike was posted .... I'd like to know where it has gone!

I am so annoyed that I paid extra for a delivery, waited in all morning and will have to sort out this mess with wiggle next week. Hopefully they find the bike!

So frustrating.

Posts

  • jongingejonginge Posts: 5,945
    It's only halfway through the day ;) Depends on the delivery company but for some 'large' items go on a separate van.

    I know how frustrating it is though. I was hoping/expecting a frameset to be delivered to work on friday. It didn't show. Shame as I've got a load of components ready to be installed... :(
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • aldricaldric Posts: 161
    Unfortunately the delivery tracking number only shows 1 item having been dispatched from the delivery depot.

    I hope i'm wrong and it's on another van on the way here, but the delivery depot is at least 30 miles from my house and it would be strange to put it on a differenat van to come here.

    I definately share your frustration, I hope your delivery turns up on Monday.

    I am off to sulk :(
  • itboffinitboffin Posts: 19,739
    jonginge wrote:
    It's only halfway through the day ;) Depends on the delivery company but for some 'large' items go on a separate van.

    I know how frustrating it is though. I was hoping/expecting a frameset to be delivered to work on friday. It didn't show. Shame as I've got a load of components ready to be installed... :(

    Really do tell ....
    Rule #5 // Harden The censored Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rf6rf6 Posts: 323
    A small consolation, but I'm sure wiggle will refund the £20. Not really the point tho.
  • jongingejonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    jonginge wrote:
    It's only halfway through the day ;) Depends on the delivery company but for some 'large' items go on a separate van.

    I know how frustrating it is though. I was hoping/expecting a frameset to be delivered to work on friday. It didn't show. Shame as I've got a load of components ready to be installed... :(

    Really do tell ....
    I bought this little lot while you were away/high on drugs ;) :
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 7#16401447

    Frameset details will have to wait. Patience...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffinitboffin Posts: 19,739
    Oh lordy you're allowed to make your bike lighter, thems the rules :evil:

    Whilst you're sleeping i'm going to stuff your downtube with lead weights :twisted:

    no really :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The censored Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • aldricaldric Posts: 161
    Well thats it confirmed as no deliveries after 1730hrs.

    I am missing my new cx bike, 2 new tyres and mudguards.

    I am assuming they fitted the bike with the new tyres and mudguards... just wish I knew where the bike was.. :roll:

    Gutted..
  • zaneszanes Posts: 563
    aldric wrote:
    having paid £20 for a Saturday delivery.

    :shock: Wowzer! As above, get on the blower to wiggle. Hopefully they'll refund this.
  • itboffinitboffin Posts: 19,739
    aldric wrote:
    Well thats it confirmed as no deliveries after 1730hrs.

    I am missing my new cx bike, 2 new tyres and mudguards.

    I am assuming they fitted the bike with the new tyres and mudguards... just wish I knew where the bike was.. :roll:

    Gutted..

    I feel for you, most annoying :evil:
    Rule #5 // Harden The censored Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • invincibleinvincible Posts: 156
    zanes wrote:
    aldric wrote:
    having paid £20 for a Saturday delivery.

    :shock: Wowzer! As above, get on the blower to wiggle. Hopefully they'll refund this.

    & give you a huge bag of haribo :D
  • aldricaldric Posts: 161
    Well it turned out to be a problem with city-link and for some reason they failed to deliver the bike even though they had it!!

    I took delivery of it today :P

    The good news is that Wiggle have refunded me the £19.99 delivery charge AND have given me a £20 voucher to spend.

    Well done Wiggle.
  • itboffinitboffin Posts: 19,739
    £20 of jelly sweets will negate any kind of cycling fitness :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The censored Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • aldricaldric Posts: 161
    itboffin wrote:
    £20 of jelly sweets will negate any kind of cycling fitness :P

    I don't think jelly sweets are top of my list to be honest... not sure what to get mind you!!

    I used to live near Malborough, lovely place :)
  • Wiggle are generally awesome. They don't always stock everything I want, but when they do, their service has been perfect, and this confirms they get it right when things go wrong, too!
  • GazzaputtGazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    aldric wrote:
    Well it turned out to be a problem with city-link and for some reason they failed to deliver the bike even though they had it!!

    What a surprise it was down to City Link.

    I had to go and pick my bike up from their depot as the lazy arses did the same thing. Actually put a card through the door saying they had attempted delivery. My son was home so caught the driver as he was walking down the drive. Had to admit them the bike wasn't on the van.

    Why Wiggle use these bunch of shisters I don't know.

    When they delivered my carbon Cayo last year i watched the guy drop the box off the back of the van. Made him wait for me to unpack it and check it was all ok.
  • stuaffstuaff Posts: 1,735
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    aldric wrote:
    Well it turned out to be a problem with city-link and for some reason they failed to deliver the bike even though they had it!!

    What a surprise it was down to City Link.

    I had to go and pick my bike up from their depot as the lazy arses did the same thing. Actually put a card through the door saying they had attempted delivery. My son was home so caught the driver as he was walking down the drive. Had to admit them the bike wasn't on the van.

    Why Wiggle use these bunch of shisters I don't know.

    When they delivered my carbon Cayo last year i watched the guy drop the box off the back of the van. Made him wait for me to unpack it and check it was all ok.

    I might be slightly biased, but they hack me off too, more for times of deliveries etc. Parcelfarce get a lot of stick, but every delivery I've had from them has been in the morning, everything I've sent has been the same. CityLink- no such luck, my latest Wiggle order came via them at some point yesterday afternoon (good job the parent was around to take it, nearest depot's five miles away....).
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • biondinobiondino Posts: 5,990
    Can we all let Wiggle know this, please? If enough people are miffed at CutyLink's service Wiggle might be obliged to change their delivery company.
  • biondinobiondino Posts: 5,990
    Though in my case, I am annoyed at Planet X's couriers for leaving £100 worth of bike gear in a cardboard box in the wet outside my front door, completely visible (albeit on the second floor walkway) to anyone passing by. I guess I'm glad I don't have to go the post office to pick it up but that's not the point.
Sign In or Register to comment.