Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc 2011

whistleblower
whistleblower Posts: 68
edited August 2010 in Your mountain bikes
This is my first bike in years. It is the best thing I have bought this year. Here are the specs:
Frame: Specialized A1 Premium aluminium, fully butted, formed TT, Double ORE DT, externally relieved HT, reinforced disc mount, forged dropouts w/ replaceable hanger, disc only
Fork: SR Suntour SF11-XCR-DS-26-LO-SP, 80mm, 1pc. alloy lower, 30mm steel stanchions, hyd. damping w/ mic-tuned spike valve & LO
Headset: 1-1/8" threadless, loose ball
Handlebar: Butted alloy riserbar, 25mm rise, 8 degree back sweep, 6 degree up
Stem: 3D forged alloy, 4 bolt, 7 degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
Speed: 27
Front Mech: Shimano Alivio, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
Rear Mech: Shimano Alivio, 9sp, long cage
Shifters: Shimano Alivio SL, 9sp rapid fire trigger
Chainset: Shimano FC-M430C-8, Octalink spline 44/32/22
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-ES25, Octalink spline, cartridge bearing, 68mm x 118mm
Cassette: Shimano HG50, 9-speed, 11-34t
Chain: KMC X9 w/ reusable Missing Link
Front Brake: Shimano BR-M445 hydraulic disc brake, dual piston, 160mm rotor
Rear Brake: Shimano BR-M445 hydraulic disc brake, dual piston, 160mm rotor
Rims: Alex RHD 26", alloy double wall, pinned w/eyelets, 32h
Front Hub: Forged alloy, hi/low flange, double sealed, ground race, machined disc mount and flange, QR, 32h
Rear Hub: Forged alloy, mid flange, double sealed, ground race, machined disc mount and flanges, cassette, QR, 32h
Tyres: Specialized Fast Trak LK Sport 60tpi Front Specialized Fast Trak LK Sport 60tpi Rear
Seatpost: Alloy two bolt, 12.5mm offset, micro adjust, 30.9mm

4904042429_12a2b50699_z.jpg

4904631974_46bed4a356_z.jpg

4907650710_29dff1b79e.jpg

4907053847_d47f2b9ecf.jpg

4905490132_d14f51f9f9.jpg

4908055061_792b6c3f95.jpg

I got a new bell with it as well!

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Granted it looks the part. Not quite the spec I'd be looking for. Are you plaaning on getting it muddy?
  • Not my cup of tea, is overpriced for what it is but hope your enjoying it :)
  • Uchiga
    Uchiga Posts: 230
    Well Good Luck With That It Has To Be Said It Certianly Looks The Works Until You See The Alivio Rear Mech... Will Do You Justice For A While Though :D Oh And At Least It's A 9 Speed.
  • Laurence25
    Laurence25 Posts: 334
    nice one m8, injoy it :D
  • I'm enjoying the bike but I would be looking to make some changes. I am new to mountain biking as I haven't had a bike for ten years. Compared to my first bike, it's great. What things would you change?
  • Spesh paint jobs have come in for a bit of stick of late, I like the frame though but think the forks, stem and rims would be better in black! As for upgrades wait till things start too break!

Curious what people who know more than me ( which is a lot ) think about the parts from last years model compared to this.

Not sure about the alivio gear compared to last years sram x4/x5. Same with the fork, dart 3 last year. Someone more technical minded will know if these are same/improved/worse.
  • Just a quick note. I will be replacing the black metal pedals for Shimano M520 SPD Pedals. I have been riding the bike for less than a week and the gear shifters are really smooth and quick. I may replace the gear shifters at a later time but so far so good.
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    orange_man wrote:
    overpriced for what it is

That's harsh indeed coming from an Orange owner :lol:

I agree with the black wheel comments, some of the newer Spesh paint schemes are a little 'young' for my liking, but that's a good frame that will upgrade nicely and last you for years.

Good choice :D
  • Got the same bike myself about 6 weeks ago.... had around Kielder, Chopwell, locals around Newcastle riverside and a few other places (Woodbury common). Also swapping between it and my Ridgeback hybrid when I fancy a bit more fun offroad on the way home.

Cracking bike if I'm being honest. Did have an issue with p-poor gear setup from the shop I bought it from, which Knobblies in Exmouth sorted while I was down there (excellent shop).

So far I've changed the grips, stuck on Shimano M540 SPDs. Not changed the saddle yet, although I suspect I won't last much longer on it. Myself, I quite like the bonkers colour scheme, but saying that, I've a bright green car you can't miss as well, so it probably suits me.

It can be a bit lively on some of the bumpier trails (Chopwell Red), but overall it's pretty damn good.... I do get a hankering for a full susser, but the spousal acceptance factor of this bike was a key decider for now!
  • Mjcharlton, any pictures at all? It would be nice to see your bike with those changes.
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Ignore all these people suggestin u change this or change that :roll: , its a brand new bike so nothin at all needs changin for a long while yet just ride and enjoy ur new bike off road and gettin filthy :D:D
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    loving the colour scheme
  • very nice looking bike, wouldnt worry about changes yet, just enjoy it.
    Specialized Epic FSR Carbon Comp (10)

Carrera banshee (10) the heaviest bike in the world, but my god is it strong....grrrrrrrrr

http://original.justgiving.com/richardeniffer