The Ultimate Legal High

Zachariah
Zachariah Posts: 782
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
The government is cracking down on so-called legal highs at the moment. It just occured to me that I'm getting in deep with an addiction myself.

It gives me a euphoric high, but I have to go harder every time to reach it. It brings me out in a sweat and can make my body ache for days afterwards. I've joined a group of people who are into it too, and we have our own sub-culture with its own language and dress code which outsiders don't understand. Chasing more intense hits has led to weight loss and a reduced heart rate.

And the deeper I get in, the more I have to pay the dealers...

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Only one for me...Two Tarmadols, then go to bed with my MP3 playing Tamla Motown, Reggae, Electro-Pop, Chill-out and Classical music.

Works nearly evry time.
  • Zachariah wrote:
    The government is cracking down on so-called legal highs at the moment. It just occured to me that I'm getting in deep with an addiction myself.

It gives me a euphoric high, but I have to go harder every time to reach it. It brings me out in a sweat and can make my body ache for days afterwards. I've joined a group of people who are into it too, and we have our own sub-culture with its own language and dress code which outsiders don't understand. Chasing more intense hits has led to weight loss and a reduced heart rate.

Nicely done. :lol:
  • Zachariah wrote:

Nicely done. :lol:

+1 :D
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    +2. Withdrawal symptoms are a bugger as well.......
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    StuAff wrote:
    +2. Withdrawal symptoms are a bugger as well.......

it's a vicious cycle...
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    ... especially when you combine it with running :shock: :)
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Lock up the crank dealers before they get the kids hooked too.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I ran out of tramadol this morning, i'm not a happy bunny however the world does look much more 'real' now.

I've switched to Innis & Gunn until I can see my dealer (local doctor) - i'm guessing it's gonna take a lot of beer to achieve the same effect.

:(
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.