sram red shift issue

steelem
steelem Posts: 199
edited September 2010 in Workshop
ive just had sram red fitted by my LBS to my SL2 - i have a few qustions should i be able to ride in any gear big or small ring without issues ?? also can anyone tell me when they go from big to small ring is it half a click ??

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Yep, half a click to go to a smaller cog.

You should stick to the two thirds of rear cogs in line with your front cog... if that makes sense. Big-big, small-small is never kind to the chain or cog teeth.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • If your talking about the chain set when you say big to small ring .
    Then the first click is for trim and should not drop the chain onto the inner ring, the second click should do this.
    If this is not the case then they are set up wrong.
    Hope thats clear. :D
  • steelem
    steelem Posts: 199
    im pretty sure its dropping the chain on to the smaller ring on half click - i thought this was set up wrong as im getting clunking noises past gear 4 on small cog - big cog gears 11,12,13 clunking noise
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Murray is right. You have two positions for the derailuer cage, one further out than the other. The first half click should move from out to in, then the next is to the small ring.

If yours is moving straight to the small ring, you may not be getting the second, outermost, cage position.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro