Strike Averted !!

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
WooHoo !!!

The selfish b*stards have accepted a pay deal and aren't striking, so I'm going to be able to go on my hols to Portugal next Thursday !!!
:D
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Unless they want inflight meals to be served to them by the pilots... I'd just start getting in the jobless and training them up in secret training camps, then when these 'people' strike again, sack 'em.

I'd work for half what they're being paid.
  • MattC59
    One of the grievences which prompted the action was that they didnt' get paid their target related £450 bonus............ and get this............ They didn't get paid it because they didn't hit their target !!!!!!! :roll:
  • I'm pleased a strike has been averted because everyone loses out.

As for bonuses, unless the attainment targets and the bonus system itself is crystal clear they're no good. All it serves to do is p1ss people off when they don't get them.

We have a quarterly bonus at work but the way in which it's calculated, well, Einstein himself would struggle to work it out. Also there are too many ways in which I can fail to achieve my bonus, i.e. If my parts have not been supplied for me to work on how can I produce "my bits" ? Thus I fail to hit my bonus target through no fault of my own, regardless of how hard I work.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    MattC59 wrote:
    One of the grievences which prompted the action was that they didnt' get paid their target related £450 bonus............ and get this............ They didn't get paid it because they didn't hit their target !!!!!!! :roll:

If that is true then the feckers should be outed.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Yup, that part is true.

The unions stance is that they got close so should get the bonus for their efforts.

I wonder if the guy coming 4th in the Olympics should get a medal too. He tried hard :roll:

I fly out on Saturday. Phew!!!!!
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I'm pleased a strike has been averted because everyone loses out.

As for bonuses, unless the attainment targets and the bonus system itself is crystal clear they're no good. All it serves to do is p1ss people off when they don't get them.

We have a quarterly bonus at work but the way in which it's calculated, well, Einstein himself would struggle to work it out. Also there are too many ways in which I can fail to achieve my bonus, i.e. If my parts have not been supplied for me to work on how can I produce "my bits" ? Thus I fail to hit my bonus target through no fault of my own, regardless of how hard I work.

The purpose of these systems is to get people to communicate with one another and work as a team. If you're not getting parts then why not try to come up with a way to help the guys further up the line resolve their problems? The idea is to provide an incentive to think that way (at least, it is where I work).
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • MattC59
    daviesee wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Yup, that part is true.

The unions stance is that they got close so should get the bonus for their efforts.

I wonder if the guy coming 4th in the Olympics should get a medal too. He tried hard :roll:

I fly out on Saturday. Phew!!!!!
    Exactly right, if I don't hit my target, I don't get my commission. Simple. You don't get a commission / bonus for nearly doing your job.
  • DesWeller wrote:
    I'm pleased a strike has been averted because everyone loses out.

The purpose of these systems is to get people to communicate with one another and work as a team. If you're not getting parts then why not try to come up with a way to help the guys further up the line resolve their problems? The idea is to provide an incentive to think that way (at least, it is where I work).
    I have no control what-so-ever over the ability or lack of , for sub-contractors to supply the components I need. All I can do is raise the issue with my line manager who hopefully takes it up with the (non)supplier, as she gets her ass kicked if I fail to deliver.

The main problem with our bonus system though is it's total lack of transpearancy and the ability/possibility for management to manipulate the perameters at the drop of a hat. Therefore I always assume I and my colleagues in our business will not get a bonus. In fact it's been so long since we achieved it I had to look up the meaning of the word just so I could join in this thread :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.