do i need too use this?

billy.
billy. Posts: 29
edited August 2010 in Workshop
do i need the conical shaped crane creek spacer on top of my Aheadset 1-1/8" Integrated headset cover or is it ok to bin the conical spacer and just use conventinal spacers in its place?

i hate how the thing looks and i wanna lower my stem and cut back the steerer tube.

sorry for the wishy washy explaination guys, but hopefully you will get what i'm trying to explain.

i'm trying to achieve pretty much what is shown in the top pic in this thread......... http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15069024

is this gonna cause me problems without the conical shaped spacer that came with the bike?

many thanks in advance. :D

Comments

• Avoneer
    Avoneer Posts: 525
    Hi,

The tapered doo dar is lipped to hold everything in place and offer some protection to the bearing, but you can get really flat ones like the one in the pic.

Try your LBS - they usually have a box of bits in the workshop.

Pat...
    "Campagnolo has soul, Shimano has ruthless efficiency and SRAM has yet to acquire mystique. Differentiating between them is a matter of taste"
  • ascurrell
    ascurrell Posts: 1,739
    Hi, what stack height of flat ones do you need ? I have some and would be interested in a swap if you fancied it,
    Cheers, Alan