Formula RX Disc brake rubbing noise

Skerryman
Skerryman Posts: 323
edited August 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all, I know there are several post about brake but didn't see any about Formula RX's. Also have consulted the manual which is pretty poor I must say and checked website.

My problem is that I just received my bike with the above brakes from CRC today. I fitted the front wheel and gave it a spin and there is an intermittent rubbing noise coming from the front brake. Read somewhere here about re-centering the caliper. I was told by CRC that the bike brakes etc. would be all set up and checked prior to delivery so I assumed they would need no adjustment on my part. It looks like there isn't enough clearance between one side of the disc and the pad, but the other side looks fine. Any help would be great as I'm itching to take it for a spin. Apologies if the solution is simple but its my first bike with hydraulic brakes and I know pretty much nowt about them.

Comments

• chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    I'd bed them in first before doing any tweaks. The problem might go away on its own.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    chedabob wrote:
    I'd bed them in first before doing any tweaks. The problem might go away on its own.

as above.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Skerryman
    Cheers guys, so ye reckon take it for a spin and it might work out. I'm guessing this won't do any harm. Hopefully sort itself out, everything else seems to be working perfect.
  • Skerryman
    I brought it for a spin and was still rubbing a bit so I put a business card either side of the disc and gave the brakes a few squeezes, quite as a mouse now. Happy days