Huntley's compo claim.

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
Don't contest it, give him the money. Then immediately have it all back in lieu of board and lodgings.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I can't help thinking that if Huntley actually won his claim then the Daily Mail editor would need to have his head scraped off the ceiling after it exploded.
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    They did that to a bloke who had been locked up for ten years, the bloke was innocent and got a big settlement, then they contra charged him for the board and lodgings.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    it would set a massive president for prisoner collusion in the future, so I dont think it will get through the courts
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    I think it should go ahead and the prison be fined, but there should be a ruling that any money from this type of thing goes to a charity rather than the prisoner.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    So what the hell is he going to do with the money? He can hardly buy a new car and go on holiday.

I would like to see him get the money, and then the parents of his two victims sue him for damages.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    He's already tried to "top himself" twice, obviously all his attacker was trying to do was assist him in wish.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He should be hung by his bollox and battered with planks. For hours.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Send him into the hills in Afghanistan wearing

_45606218_007076798-1.jpg

*edit - me not speel gud.
  • could pay for trip to dignitas? no frills obv
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I would like him to be awarded the compensation, and then have it stuffed down his throat until he's dead. That's justice ......
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    A bullet would be much cheaper than all their compo claims and yes some of them may well be inocent (NOT!!!!!)
  • Are we talking about John Huntley who used to do local news in the NW.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    He (and his counsel) obviously feel he has a case. if it's his right to put in a claim then he can exercise that right. We would probably take a different view of the situation if we owned or worked for the legal firm that handles the case. Strange tho' that Iran intends to stone someone to death for alleged adultery yet a proven murderer in the Uk seeks compensation. Having said that I know where I'd rather live.
    M.Rushton
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    Why use a bullet, hanging, its the future, harvestable body organs and re-usable resources, keeping people in work.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    So what the hell is he going to do with the money? He can hardly buy a new car and go on holiday.

I would like to see him get the money, and then the parents of his two victims sue him for damages.

My view exactly.

We should support his claim as it means he has asssets then that victims family can get via suing him for damages
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    mrushton wrote:
    He (and his counsel) obviously feel he has a case. if it's his right to put in a claim then he can exercise that right. We would probably take a different view of the situation if we owned or worked for the legal firm that handles the case. Strange tho' that Iran intends to stone someone to death for alleged adultery yet a proven murderer in the Uk seeks compensation. Having said that I know where I'd rather live.

Right, so Iran is a messed up, backwards country, and the prison allegedly failed to prevent an armed attack on an 'at risk' inmate. I don't see the link.

I'm not saying he deserves the money. But it's not as if he'd be getting it just for being in jail.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    I can't help thinking that if Huntley actually won his claim then the Daily Mail editor would need to have his head scraped off the ceiling after it exploded.

No, the DM editor would be rubbing his hands in glee. Screaming headline = massive sales.

It's the readers whose heads explode.
  • Meds1962
    Meds1962 Posts: 391
    tebbit wrote:
    Why use a bullet, hanging, its the future, harvestable body organs and re-usable resources, keeping people in work.

I'd go with hanging as well but can't see it ever coming back even for people like Huntley, Sutcliffe, Nielsen, West etc. Huntley's tried to kill himself twice so if capital punishment isn't option, why not assisted suicide.

I can't imagine what the girls parent are thinking with all this being publicised.
    O na bawn i fel LA
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    I think the case should go ahead, on the proviso that anything paid is given directly to his victims families.

It makes me sick that his brief thinks he is entitled to £100k yet the families only got £11k. It makes me think my current injury (ruptured shoulder ligaments, 4 weeks off work so far and still in a lot of pain) must be worth at least £250k, but I will be lucky to get anything as the driver is untraced. Maybe anyone can get a few hundred thousand for being assaulted by sueing the police for neglecting their duty of care???