hrm monitors with cadence

I love my De Rosa
I love my De Rosa Posts: 20
edited August 2010 in Road buying advice
i'm looking to take the next step in my training and looking for a hrm with cadence. I'm interested in the garmin edge 500 or the polar cs500. Can you let me know you experience or which one you would chose and why.

Cheers
This is my bike. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My bike is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    not used the Polar but I love my Edge

does everything I need: GPS, HR, all the stats I need on and off the bike, and is easy to use.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • is the chest strap for the edge comfortable, and how long does a charge last? Is the computer data useful?

thanks
    This is my bike. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My bike is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.
  • I use Edge 705, all the useful stuff of the 500, and I find the mapping handy as well :) Charge on the unit will last for about 15 hours, long enough ride for me :wink: Strap not noticeable after you use it a while.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2