70 Gigapixel panorama of Budapest

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2010 in The bottom bracket
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    My computer won't display it. :(

Great place is Pest, I once saw John Cale do a gig on a boat which had been converted to a nightclub on the Danube. Happy days.

EDIT: Yes! I can see it. That's one hell of an achievement.
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Horrible place, had a horrific experience over there few years back involving 2 friends being kidnapped and held hostage until we paid the blokes! Turned out our hotel was in on it and set us up! It was like that movie Hostel I swear!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Crikey, that takes Where's Wally? to a whole new level!
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    I've been where that was taken. It's a crazy wedding cake shaped tower on top on the highest point of the ridge overlooking the west side of the city. Once you climbed up to the smallest tier on top the space is so small I got this wierd almost vertigo sensation since, when looking out across the city in the distance, none of the tower I was standing on was in my peripheral vision.

I stayed in a sort of self-catering place in Obuda (the leafy suburban area in the middle of the photo) where the family had converted the top floor of their house into an apartment and rented it out per week to tourists. Worked out perfect as we could come & go as we liked yet they also took us out on a couple of weekend day trips outside the city to visit places upstream on the Danube.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Horrible place, had a horrific experience over there few years back involving 2 friends being kidnapped and held hostage until we paid the blokes! Turned out our hotel was in on it and set us up! It was like that movie Hostel I swear!!!

Sorry that you experienced that, I'm half Hungarian and my sisters live there, it's like any other city around the world, there is good and bad.

The Hungarians have had a raw deal up until communism finished, they are still many years behind places like London, but things are greatly improving.

Please don't judge all Hungarians because of some stupid criminals (Not that you have) .

That 360 degrees image is cracking, feels like you are really looking at it. 8)
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Amazing. I've seen the TED presentation about cutting edge data storage and image manipulation, but that just takes it too a new dimension. Impressive, most impressive.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Ash_
    Ash_ Posts: 385
    Brilliant - I can see the village where I live on it!

Though sadly not my house as it's obscured by a little hill...