The chippy run.

whyamihere
whyamihere Posts: 7,702
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
I've just decided I'm going to have fish and chips. What does everyone else have?

Comments

• Mynameisdann
    Mynameisdann Posts: 665
    edited July 2010
    Cod and chips with curry sauce if ive got enough pennies in my pocket, 2 scallops and a battered sausage if im broke :o

Might treat myself to a takeaway now ive thought about it..now i just need to find the money
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    fish, chips, both large as they sell. 2 portions of mushy obvious ( one never seems enough)

some kind of cheap and preferably foreign fizzy pop.

roughly a gakillion of salt and necessary.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Chips and battered sausage with curry sauce normally. Sometimes sweet & sour sauce, as our chippy is also our Chinese!
  • fish bites, chips and scraps.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    pudding, peas and gravy, s&v

&

fish, chips, peas and gravy, s&v
  • Sausage and chip butty.

With batter.
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Jumbo battered sausage and chips with gravy for me please! :D
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Got to be a jock on here that wants a deep fried marsbar :D

I'll have jumbo battered sausage and chips with a large gravy :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Fish, chips, mushies & scraps. Only do gravy or curry sauce if there's no fish involved, dunno why?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • A word of warning to fellow Northerners... never ever get fish and chips "daaarrn saaaarrrf". You will be epically disappointed!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Double battered sausage and chips with beans or
    Skate nobs, chips, scraps, mushy peas x2

On a right bender it has to be a big fat chip bap with loads of salt

All of the above have to include a big fat gherkin. Pickled eggs are not allowed under any circumstances!!!!!!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    bad thing about been been up north, they don't have scraps :( used to love having chip and scrap butties
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • spongtastic
    A word of warning to fellow Northerners... never ever get fish and chips "daaarrn saaaarrrf". You will be epically disappointed!

why? I've lived in Leeds, Nottingham, and Glasgow, the f+c I get now are larger, taste better and have proper crispy chips.

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    A word of warning to fellow Northerners... never ever get fish and chips "daaarrn saaaarrrf". You will be epically disappointed!

lol you probably went to a bad chippy. aint nowt wrong with our proper jobbies
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    whyamihere wrote:
    I've just decided I'm going to have fish and chips. What does everyone else have?

^+1 on that.. from the legendary kings of cholesterol, the infamous artery blocking "Fenton Fryer"
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Hmm - I was spoilt as I grew up in a northern seaside town where the fish n chips were f'ing ace, but go inland and you can get some skanky nothern chippies as well. Worst thing about southern F&C shops are those abominations they sell called saveloys, they are sh1te.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    whyamihere wrote:

^+1 on that.. from the legendary kings of cholesterol, the infamous artery blocking "Fenton Fryer"
    if you ever go through stone try the walton chip shop on the roundabout, brill chip shop one of my favs
    what are brakes for again
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Do they have chips, cheese and gravy anywhere else?

I've never seen it in any of the places I've lived in England, but it's bIoody lovely!

As such, I'll have that, and a fish please.
  • Do they have chips, cheese and gravy anywhere else?

I've never seen it in any of the places I've lived in England, but it's bIoody lovely!

North East they do. Not necessarily on the menu, but it's just cheesy chips and a portion of gravy - they'll quickly knock you one up. Why you'd want that is something else..
  • spongtastic
    Do they have chips, cheese and gravy anywhere else?

My part of the Essex and Suffolk coast they do, the wives just popped out for f+c's thanks to this thread.

• Raymondavalon
    kangaroo wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:

if you ever go through stone try the walton chip shop on the roundabout, brill chip shop one of my favs

Been there.. next to the Shell service station. Most excellent :¬)
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    I normally only have chips, but I think I'm going to have to get a steak and kidney pudding very soon, nom nom nom.
  • Raymondavalon
    Kitty wrote:
    I normally only have chips, but I think I'm going to have to get a steak and kidney pudding very soon, nom nom nom.

Saw that advertised at the chippy :wink: was quite tempted myself

Milo (my cat) and I devoured a large fish and regular chips between us, although Milo doesn't do chips at all. He was treated to some of the cod.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    -Liam- wrote:
    Got to be a jock on here that wants a deep fried marsbar :D

Nah, deep fried cheeseburger. Nothing quite like fried cheese to get the heart pumping. (it has to, to push the blood through the hardened arteries)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Tel39
    Tel39 Posts: 243
    Cheese on Oatcakes please with lashings of brown sauce (Its a regional thing :) )

Otherwise, chips peas and gravy on a tray :D
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • Anonymous
    Tel39 wrote:
    Cheese on Oatcakes please with lashings of brown sauce (Its a regional thing :) )

funk my old cnut, a s a lad from meir i fuckin love aotcakes complete with bacon, fried egg and cheese.

i'll have 6 please.
  • Tel39
    Tel39 Posts: 243
    Tel39 wrote:

funk my old cnut, a s a lad from meir i fuckin love aotcakes complete with bacon, fried egg and cheese.

i'll have 6 please.

A Neckender then eh :wink:

Oatcakes = Gods food from the Potteries.... That and Wright's Pies and Sterilised milk of course :D
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • Anonymous
    man i am hungry as hell now.

i want some oatcakes right the now.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    usually just get chips and a pickled onion, or a roll n chips if im feeling adventurous :D

one of my mates gets a staunner doner though. deepfried sausage wrapped in kebab meat stuck in a pita bread with sauce and stuff then deep fried again.... he only weighs about 11stone as well!