Tektro auriga comp caliper adjustment

hypadunkz
hypadunkz Posts: 111
edited July 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi i just recently bought a tektro auriga comp but i am having problems because the brake pads are rubbing against the rotor. The brake pads have very little gap between them so when i fitted them in i had to put a lever between the pads to make it fit. I was just wondering how can i adjust the brake pads for it to be centered and have a tiny bit of clearance from the rotors. What kind of tools will i need?

Comments

• 5mm allen key. loosen the bolts at the top and bottom of the caliper and give the lever a few gentle squeezes (you should see the caliper move), then give it a really firm squeeze and keep it held down, then tighten the 2 bolts again.

simples :D

(this only works if the rotor is true about both the pistons move completely)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the maual con be found in the link in the tech links sticky.

have you let them bed in yet?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • hypadunkz
    hypadunkz Posts: 111
    To be fair i havent let it bed in yet but i bought it 2nd hand so i was assuming it already is. Ive read the manual and did everything in it. Iwas wondering if there is any other way of adjusting it? I saw some star screws diagonal to the pads, is it connected to it in any way?
  • Ali82
    Ali82 Posts: 9
    I've got the same brakes as you, did you try this it will work 9 times out of 10?
    5mm allen key. loosen the bolts at the top and bottom of the caliper and give the lever a few gentle squeezes (you should see the caliper move), then give it a really firm squeeze and keep it held down, then tighten the 2 bolts again.

simples :D

(this only works if the rotor is true about both the pistons move completely)

If there is very little room between the pads and the adjustment needs to be absolutely exact (like I found recently after I just pad new pads in) then loosen the same 2 bolts, look through the pads and line the caliper up by hand, then holding the caliper tightly in place with one hand slowly tighten up the bolts a little at a time with the other.