Canyon Inflite 9.0 - Ultegra

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    MTFU 53x39 :wink:

Compact.
  • Kingtut87
    Kingtut87 Posts: 105
    Do you know the cassette range on the back? I'd go for the compact. Lighter and with a good range on the back you'll almost get the same gearing as the triple.

Edit: Its a 12-27 on the back right? Should be plenty for all but the very steepest hills (20% +).
  • Velke
    Velke Posts: 61
    It's Front 50/34, rear 12-27

Gazzaputt - MTFU 53X39 - won't that be abit tough on the hills?

Also just found i can put it though a Bike2Work scheme Total cost £ 501.65 that's a bargin!!!!!
    Specialized Roubaix Elite - Ultegra Di2
    Canyon Inflite 9.0 - Ultegra
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    tbh, i've got a triple (50,39.30) and have never used the granny ring! then again, most of the climbs round me aren't that long (Max about a mile long at about 8-10pc all the way up) and all can be done on the 39.

If i were you, i'd go for the compact, will give you a good range of gearage.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Velke wrote:
    Gazzaputt - MTFU 53X39 - won't that be abit tough on the hills?

As I say MTFU. :lol:
  • merlinghnd
    merlinghnd Posts: 106
    I have a Cayo 105, went for triple to be on the safe side and found I never needed the lowest gears so if I bought another one ( great bike, very happy with it, 209 model,) I would go for a compact.
  • sundog
    sundog Posts: 243
    Velke wrote:
    Considering a Focus Cayo 105 as Wiggle sale price £ 999

Should i go for Triple or Compact?

Is it your first road bike? Have you ridden other bikes?
    Are you intending to tackle some steep climbs? How fit are you?
    I like white bikes
  • crazysheep
    crazysheep Posts: 18
    It is all very well opting for a compact if you live in a flat area. The other posters correctly say that you will rarely use the granny ring.

I ride in a very hilly part of the world and would love a granny ring to drop down to, the compact that I have limits my attempts on the lakeland passes to the "easy" sides as for me a compact isn't enough for 20% hills.

Hence the answer really is that it depends on both where you will ride and how you ride.
  • Essex Man
    Essex Man Posts: 283
    anto164 wrote:
    tbh, i've got a triple (50,39.30) and have never used the granny ring! then again, most of the climbs round me aren't that long (Max about a mile long at about 8-10pc all the way up) and all can be done on the 39.

If i were you, i'd go for the compact, will give you a good range of gearage.

I'd say a mile of 10% is pretty tough, so well done - there is no way I would want to do that on my 39 ring.

To the OP, the triple v compact debate has been recently (and endlessly) debated on here so I would search for that thread.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    You should get up most hills with a compact and 27t on the back end. I'd go compact.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Yeah, the Cayo Ltd edition is only £999 right now. But you can also get the Cayo 105 Triple for the same amount which has a slightly better frame. I'd shop quick because it looks like they don't have that many left.[/url]
  • IanTrcp
    IanTrcp Posts: 761
    Yeah, the Cayo Ltd edition is only £999 right now. But you can also get the Cayo 105 Triple for the same amount which has a slightly better frame. I'd shop quick because it looks like they don't have that many left.[/url]

Better in what way?
  • mudslinger
    mudslinger Posts: 237
    Better in what way?

The LE version is the 2009 frame which doesn't have BB30. Some of the componentry is different though I can't remember what.
    Winter commuter: Planet X London Road
    Winter road bike/commuter: Specialized Langster
    Best road bike: Planet X RTD90
    MTBs: Giant XTC 650B / On-One C456 singlespeed
    TT bike: Planet X Stealth
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    So it's not the TRIPLE that has the better frame then ;)
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • mudslinger wrote:
    Better in what way?

The LE version is the 2009 frame which doesn't have BB30. Some of the componentry is different though I can't remember what.

Spot on.

By the way, the 105 is also in stock as a compact AND a triple. Unless you have dodgy knees, are a leisure cyclist or live amongst stupid hills, a compact will be fine. As a mountain biker, I find myself gagging for a standard upfront as my compact is too...er compact.

CLICK HERE to view Focus Cayo 105 at only £999!!!

Plus you have 30 days with Wiggle to ride it and test it and get your money back and free collection if you don't like it!!!