Talk about expensive??

2»

Comments

• Wow...Just WOW!

Have you not bothered trying to settle everything down...simply put, talk about the out come from the original BE WARNED post, I'm sure you can still pull back your gleaming reputation. Seems that there is a common denominator here and its not the people that are sharing their OPINIONS on an OPEN FORUM. You can't start a thread and not expect people to comment and form an opinion.

Ok imagine this scenario - I post on a forum, title - Absolute Sh*te product sold

I start the then imaginative thread by saying...I'm not having a go or a moan but...

Can you not see where people think you're having a go? I bet you love the attention you seem to be getting!

anyway...I veer from what I was about to say...What happened with Wiggle?
  • paul64
    paul64 Posts: 278
    This is shocking, why didn't Wiggle collect it from Ipswich and fix everything on the van on their way to deliver?...
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Holy thread resurrection Batman.

Is a goldie though...
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    Caveat Emptor,

it's that bloody simple.

Also any service will always tell you to get a new chain (and normally a new casette), it must be like printing money.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    An oldie but a goodie.

I blame..........Chain Reaction! Ha, had you fooled!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    speed king is an anagram of pink edges also kneed pigs. i think that explains a lot.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Ooo, again!

122686d1243964512-i-got-t-v-s-put-my-headerests-necropost4ko.png
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Speed_King,

I really don't care about your posting reputation or whatever on here, but here's my thoughts.

I buy shItloads on eBay, the Internet and via forums, I save a fortune and at the same time when buying off forums help a fellow cyclist etc.

I expect sometimes that things aren't quite as advertised, and if an item arrives and it isn't correct then I contact the seller and generally they agree to either refund some of the purchase price or accept the return and refund in full, sometimes we fail to agree and I just chalk that up to the cost of buying unseen and saving a fortune on other items.

On here if you feel that you have been sold something that is not acceptable then post it in the Feedback Section, no point bitching about it anywhere else, if you want to ask a question about how to repair your bike yourself then there is the Workshop Section, but to complain about it here is really not the right solution.

I import cars unseen from all over the world for clients, 99.999% never inspected or viewed before buying and usually when they arrive there is something that has not been described correctly, but my clients take that on the chin in return for saving 1000's of £'s buying in the UK.

Chalk it up to experience, learn by it and enjoy your riding.
  • darren H
    darren H Posts: 122
    Speed_King wrote:
    alfablue wrote:
    I don't see how you can complain about your budget, I certainly couldn't afford to buy a Focus and a Boardman in quick succession. I think I recall that you even offered the seller MORE than he was asking! So you don't inspect the bike and you appear to ask no questions about it, and you offer over the odds . . . I don't know about the bikes but I think your head needs at least a bronze service :?

maybe Wiggle will chuck one in as a goodwill gesture

Alfablue for as start the bike was in Ipswich so how can i have inspected it i was sent pictures on top of the ones shown on here and it looked in good condition the seller actually hadnt riden the bike it was bought to help him get fit and never happened it just sat in his house, the person who owned it prior to him was the one who obviously had ridden it and done the damage that i am now fixing, 2 i sold the Focus and used some of the money to buy the Boardman i dont have a bottomless pit of cash ready to hand ok!!! and yes i offered £20 more than asked for because he was paying for the postage, so dont come on here giving me attiude saying i can afford this and that, and i asked plenty of questions via Email. You know nothing about the sale or the conversations that took place so keep your opinions to yourself please.

Speedking you have purchased a croc of shit, deal with it.
    If you dont have a bottomless pit of cash, get 1 x new bike. Plenty of interest frreeoptions for 30 or 40 quid a month
    Other than that do what I did
    Save for 5 years and let Brian Rourke or Mercian builld you one.
    You get what you pay for
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Feck me, can people not read dates?!

EKE_38BPM, I would blame you for this if it wasn't so clearly Wiggle's fault.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}