New Guy here

munkeh
munkeh Posts: 27
edited July 2010 in MTB beginners
Hello,

Names Jack and im from Essex.

was just a lurker on here until i decided to join up on here. Loads of information to suck in!!!

Now im looking for a mountain bike that i can use daily on and off road and looking towards the second hand because of my budget,

Ive seen a bike that looks good (to my knowledge) here are the specs

black specalized hardrock sport, 17" frame with 26" wheels,24 speed gearing,
it has sram x-4 click shift gears and derailer, dart 2 forlks with 100mm travel, carbon fiber head set,black 26" quad rims witch are wide with quick release and a red hope front squer, 160mm disk breaks with a back giant hydrolic in full workin order, 26" dmr moto tyres 2.2 inche. black pedal arms with sliver metal pedals. very light weigh

Now to me this is mostly gobble, and the only bit i recognise is the specialized hardrock sport part.

Its up fror £250.00

any comments on this?

Comments

• stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    Do you know what age this is?
    Specialized Hardrock's used to be a classic starter bike and would probably suit you, but they have lost their way a little over recent years.

I'd question whether it would be "very light weight" - the forks alone are 5.5lbs! BUt inevitably weight will be compromised on a cheaper bike.
  • munkeh
    munkeh Posts: 27
    its 2008.
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    This may be of better use than my opinion!

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... rock-17487

Sounds like you have the disc version (or at least the previous owner has upgraded for you)

If its posted for £250 you could always try a cheeky bid, especially if it has been advertisied for a while. You may grab a bargain. :D