Avids or Clarks?

ryan1702
ryan1702 Posts: 40
edited July 2010 in MTB buying advice
I am looking at some new brakes for my bike. I can get some Clarks Sx for £45 per end or some avids for £50. The reviews for the clarks read better but will the avids be better because they are slightly more expensive?
I thought a thought that I thought I had thought but the thought that I had thought wasn't the thought that I had thought I had thought so maybe if I had thought the thought that I thought I thought I wouldn't of thought so much!

Comments

• ryan1702
    also the clarks look better, but which is better for overall performance and reliability
    I thought a thought that I thought I had thought but the thought that I had thought wasn't the thought that I had thought I had thought so maybe if I had thought the thought that I thought I thought I wouldn't of thought so much!
  • torgey33
    torgey33 Posts: 179
    can`t say about long term but i`ve just put clarks in my avids and the feel and control is very good, as good if not better than the original avids. with the weather the way it is i`m using organic but will switch to sintered when it all gets messy :)
    Whats That All About !

`06 Saracen Mantra
    `07 Scott Reflex 20
    `10 Specialized fsr xc pro
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Iv had both J3's and now have SX skeletals, the J3's were OK, but the Clarks are on a dif level, really good brakes, they areawsome, totally recomended.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • shieldsy94
    shieldsy94 Posts: 342
    tHere in stock on chain reaction tomorrow!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    formulas.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • shieldsy94
    shieldsy94 Posts: 342
    formulas cost about 3 times more.
  • ryan1702
    so basically go for the clarks.

Thanks for the advise much appreciated