SMIDSY hits the pros!

msw
msw Posts: 313
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
http://www.theonion.com/articles/massiv ... nce,17771/

"I can't believe someone would do that," said Saxo Bank team leader Andy Schleck, who was with the lead riders in the peloton when the four-door vehicle pulled out directly in front of them. "He came from a side road, just cut right across us without looking, and the next thing I knew I was flying over the hood. He didn't even slow down, just turned into traffic and kept going."
"We're not holding up traffic. We are traffic."

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,931
    I know this is a spoof but something similar happened in a major race in Ireland this year. A car pulled out into the gap between the police outrider and the peleton.

http://www.fbdinsuranceras.com/event/fbdras_681.shtml
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Spoof? The Onion is my primary news source....
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Gussio wrote:
    Spoof? The Onion is my primary news source....

truth is stranger than fiction......or is it?

i love the onion - i know there's a few who rave about the daily mash (i think it is) but i don't find it as good as the onion.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    Alberto Contador, who was leading the race by eight seconds at the end of the previous stage, will be declared the posthumous winner in a quiet ceremony atop the Col du Tourmalet Monday.

classic :D
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • Limburger
    Limburger Posts: 346
    Well of course its a spoof. Le Tour wasn´t stopped early. That, and its The Onion: a satirical ´news´ site.
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Limburger wrote:
    Well of course its a spoof. Le Tour wasn´t stopped early. That, and its The Onion: a satirical ´news´ site.

whooooooooooooooosh!!!!
  • facepalm.jpg
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter