Help needed replacing cables

mcj78
mcj78 Posts: 634
edited July 2010 in Workshop
Hi all,

Recently picked up a second hand road bike for commuting after my Dolan was nicked & it's now time to replace the cables - this'll be the first time i've attempted to do this on STIs, the model in question are these st2200.jpg

Thus far i've removed the gear cables by taking off the front plate & pulling the inners back though, however i'm now slightly stumped by how to get the brake inners out - i've undid the screw at the rear of the hoods which seemed to free them after some wrestling to give me more access but can't quite seem to find an obvious way to get the cables out, do I just pull the lever towards the bars then try & push the inners through at the same time?

After this all I have to do is try & fit some little plastic bits back into the main body of the units which seemed to pop out when I was removing the gear cables - fun & games this evening! :?

Cheers
John
Moda Issimo
Genesis Volare 853
Charge Filter Apex

Comments

• Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    http://bike.shimano.com.sg/media/techdo ... 686309.pdf

Should have all the info you need.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Ta - that should prove useful! I can never find the right tech documents on the shimano site, on another note, it appears I misguidedly removed the reach adjustment bolt in the belief that it held everything in place... oops :oops:

Now there's no excuse for me making an arse of it though...

J
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex