Frame Respray

wingsonourheels
wingsonourheels Posts: 44
edited October 2012 in Workshop
Was wondering if anyone on the forum could tell me where I can get a frame resprayed in the East Midlands area. I'm Nottingham based but able to travel to get there.

I've a steel tube Reynolds frame (might actually be alli) that i'm wanting stripped down and re-painted.

Be grateful if anyone could send me some details.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Not East Midlands but Bob Jackson Cycles in Leeds will do a respray and pick up and deliver frame for about £130
  • Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    Not the cheapest but not too far from you:
    http://www.merciancycles.co.uk/renovation
  • Get it powder coated instead. Much cheaper and unless it is some classic frame a better option. Just look in your yellow pages for one, it'll cost around £30 - 40 including the blasting to clean it.
  • Guys, thanks for the replies. Something to think about. Already found a good powder coating place in Nottingham. £50 all in. Delighted! :lol:
  • Guys, thanks for the replies. Something to think about. Already found a good powder coating place in Nottingham. £50 all in. Delighted! :lol:
    What is the name of the place in Nottingham?
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Try Brian Rourke cycles in Stoke, Jason does alot of vintage resprays and makes a great job. Prices on their website.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • houndlegs
    houndlegs Posts: 267
    Guys, thanks for the replies. Something to think about. Already found a good powder coating place in Nottingham. £50 all in. Delighted! :lol:
    Make sure they know what they have to mask off,I've heard a few stories where they haven't masked a thing.