Prologue Crash Photos - (WARNING, not nice viewing)

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited July 2010 in Pro race
I didn't see the crashes themselves but judging the photos, they look like they did and will hurt.

Hope they both recover asap.

(Posted them in seperate thread in case people would rather not see)

Reuters
610x.jpg
x610.jpg
x610.jpg
AP
x610.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    ouch nasty
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Pretre
    Pretre Posts: 355
    Ow!
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Harmon said the Footon rider had 20 stitches. Ouch!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Was right in front of me! the BMC guy looked ok at first, then opened his mouth and it was abit of a mess... Other chap was really wobbly down the next km, doing about 15kmh. They both lost it on a big area of road marking/paint in the wet.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Mathias Frank: Star of the new Twilight movie.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Any thread containing the Footon kit should be labelled like this - (WARNING, not nice viewing)
    Summer - Colnago C40
    Race - Wilier Alpe D'Huez
    Winter/Commuter - Specialized Tricross
  • tri-sexual
    tri-sexual Posts: 672
    :cry::cry::cry: OUCH :cry::cry::cry:
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    not very nice :( i didnt see this happen as they were not showing it at that point..
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Just in case anyone still believed the wearing of helmets was beneath pro riders....
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Just in case anyone still believed the wearing of helmets was beneath pro riders....
    Other than it being compulsory....
    What are you trying to say? Can we out a "helmets" thread somewhere else, if that's what you're getting at?
    If you are going for bait, then surely, "Look, at least Lance was wearing a helmet," would have been better.
  • luuks11
    luuks11 Posts: 1
    I didn't see the crashes themselves but judging the photos, they look like they did and will hurt.

Hope they both recover asap.

(Posted them in seperate thread in case people would rather not see)

x610.jpg

I was standing there 5 meters away. He couldn't handle the turn and crashed into the fence, which was stupidly enough standing on the way and not beside the way, he made a flip and landed at his back. While crashing in the fences he hit a fan, which was hurt, I couldn't see that perfectly but there was medical staff there and I believe the fan, I don't know if it was a man or a women, was taken away to the hospital.

http://www.nufoto.nl/fotos/153193/mathi ... ek-in.html

I can't copy the picture but there he crashed and you can see how the fences where placed on the road where the crash happend, after the crash they moved the fences but it was too late for Mathias Frank, which is out of the tour already!:(