• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    Hmmm
    x610.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    You'd think photographers would let Frank Schleck take a dump in peace, no?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That's a real shame. I only have two team jerseys, one of which is the 2007 FDJ kit. Love it.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    NapoleonD wrote:
    That's a real shame. I only have two team jerseys, one of which is the 2007 FDJ kit. Love it.

So you now have some retro pro kit :D
  • andylav
    andylav Posts: 308
    Funny, I prefer the new one - each to their own I guess.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,228
    New one looks a bit like the old GAN kit. Wasn't a fan of the previous FDJ kit to be honest, can't make up my mind which I prefer.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Kinda looks like the ill fated ProTour leaders jersey.

Which also looked pleh.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,228
    The biggest issue is the white shorts. Fine on well toned pros with the leg muscles to match - not so good when the overweight amateur starts buying them! :wink:
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I agree the old was a classic and the new one is horrid, was thinking just that watching the presentation yesterday. The design makes me think of a cheap Sunday supplement scratch card or the like.
  • Anonymous
    Sonny73 wrote:
    I agree the old was a classic and the new one is horrid, was thinking just that watching the presentation yesterday. The design makes me think of a cheap Sunday supplement scratch card or the like.

Then the designers have succeeded! Seeing as FDJ is the French lottery...
  • I think the new one is much better 8)
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Wow that's a crappy kit.
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    tbh, from that photograph, 4 of the 5 riders don't seem too happy with it ;)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    To this....
    36920_10150211259260263_753320262_13356513_6130528_n.jpg

Why does the second rider (Sulzberger?) have a yellow bike? Does he think he's going to win the Prologue?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Sonny73 wrote:

Then the designers have succeeded! Seeing as FDJ is the French lottery...
    :lol: Yes I guess so!!
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    as an owner of the original this is a massive step down, though i have to admit my "overweight amateur backside" is covered by the blue shorts which the pro's never seem to wear....

anyhoo, new one is a big step down but having said that after a few more years on the bike since i bought this kit, i would probably think twice about buying any replica kit now.
  • Anonymous
    Mooro wrote:
    as an owner of the original this is a massive step down, though i have to admit my "overweight amateur backside" is covered by the blue shorts which the pro's never seem to wear....

anyhoo, new one is a big step down but having said that after a few more years on the bike since i bought this kit, i would probably think twice about buying any replica kit now.
    The blue shorts (which I have too) are meant for the classics season...

2010_tour_of_flanders_ronde_van_vlaanderen_francaise_des_jeux_recon2.jpg
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Yeuch. Why did they have to go an change it?

And when will this horrid fashion for white shorts pass? Yup, they look so-so on trim pros, but, now that I have become a city commuter I'm seeing lots of commuters in pro kits (something that the forest tracks did not tolerate). Anyway, seeing fat middle men with crimson faces dripping in sweat as they park next to me with their stained white shorts is not a fine start to the day. All I worry about is performing CPR on them when they collapse, which sooner or later one of them will. And they seem to go round in packs, all in expensive pro gear. On expensive bikes. Very expensive bikes.

Still, can't knock them. At least they're not sitting in their tin boxes eating doughnuts in a traffic jam.

But as for the white shorts...........

It's got to be BLACK, dahlings, BLACK. Anything else makes your bottom look enormous. You don't even have to read Vogue to know that. It's a Law of the Universe.
  • Anonymous
    Always black Tusher?

Cav%5B1%5D.gif

3288474733_6dae7b88cd.jpg

MarkCavendish.png
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Welllll, if you've got it, may as well flaunt it. :D
  • The Jack
    The Jack Posts: 52
    Terrible, terrible, terrible. The old jersey was a classic.
    "Wo ist mein Fahrrad?"

-Ralf Hutter of Kraftwerk waking up from a coma after a crashing with his bicycle-