hushovd-21-640x425.jpg
sky-11-640x431.jpg
Par33259991-640x959.jpg

last one is caption tastic
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I see Geraint hasn't had his jersey delivered yet.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nice. A bit surprising to see them all there at the same time, unless they were over several days or something.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    dupe
    Contador is the Greatest
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    My money is on the guy behind
    Getty
    54ef3dfd1ce26ca906ad5686d7b36a6e-getty-cycling-fra-tdf-2010-training-armstrong.jpg
    c270fe134ba4ef051f93b2dac171540c-getty-cycling-fra-tdf-2010-training-armstrong.jpg

The guy behind is a Bertie Contador fan, note the pistol salute
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited July 2010
    Doobz wrote:
    lance-11.jpg
    schleck1-640x477.jpg

Has that Saxo rider nicked LA's helmet?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Shouldn't the thread title read 'Tour de France favourites and Lance Armstrong train on the cobbles'?

Strava is not Zen.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    That last picture in the OP, I thought for a minute Radioshack had introduced a "furry shoulder" design for their jersey!
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    calvjones wrote:
    Shouldn't the thread title read 'Tour de France favourites and Lance Armstrong train on the cobbles'?

I see what you did there! :)
    cartoon.jpg
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RichN95 wrote:
    I see Geraint hasn't had his jersey delivered yet.
    Nah, that's the picture of him training for the championships. :wink:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,228
    So they've all gone out and trained on the cobbles on nice dry, sunny days - shame the weather's on the change and it's going to pour down and blow a gale :wink:
  • Surely LA would be better off training with the whole team in front of him so he knows what it will really be like on the day with spartacus and co making him eat dust.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Surely LA would be better off training with the whole team in front of him so he knows what it will really be like on the day with spartacus and co making him eat dust.

Interesting that Basso didn't seem to have the whole Liquigas team out like the other teams, just rode with Kreuziger.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstro ... ce-cobbles

I would have thought it's as important to get everyone a look at the cobbles rather than just the team leaders. Maybe they just weren't show in the photos?

Also Kreuziger seems to be using a Ksyrium ES up front, thought that was supposed to be a light, climbing wheel?

bettiniphoto_0055566_1_full_600.jpg
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Surely LA would be better off training with the whole team in front of him so he knows what it will really be like on the day with spartacus and co making him eat dust.

Interesting that Basso didn't seem to have the whole Liquigas team out like the other teams, just rode with Kreuziger.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstro ... ce-cobbles

I would have thought it's as important to get everyone a look at the cobbles rather than just the team leaders. Maybe they just weren't show in the photos?

Also Kreuziger seems to be using a Ksyrium ES up front, thought that was supposed to be a light, climbing wheel?

bettiniphoto_0055566_1_full_600.jpg

maybe he dropped them?!
    cartoon.jpg
  • bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225
    Cobbles!!! , I dream of cobbles (using my best Monty Python accent)

I don't know what all the fuss is about, send them all down to train on the loop I use in Kent and the pot holes will sort the men from the boys.
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    Pot holes? LUXURY....

The training loop I use around Worcester is more like the strada bianche, in winter..
  • magicrhodes
    magicrhodes Posts: 123
    MatHammond wrote:
    That last picture in the OP, I thought for a minute Radioshack had introduced a "furry shoulder" design for their jersey!

+1 It was a real WTF is that moment!
  • magicrhodes
    magicrhodes Posts: 123
    How big a disaster will the cobbles be?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

I could be interesting. It could be lame. Remember in 04 the damage was done before the cobbles.

Someone could suffer bad luck and lose a fist full of time. People will be mindful they've got 3 weeks to go.

Sundays stage, if there was a lot of wind could be worse for some people. Look at the Giro.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    i am hopeful they will be important. There are lots of riders who need to make time up on Contador before the mountains, and rightly or wrongly they feel the cobbles with be a weakness for him.
    if certain riders really get their teams on board to put the hammer down there could be incidents in the sections entering cobbles with the race to be in front.

I hope Sky use Flecha and Saxo use Cancellara and Ogrady( how many teams would that duo on that stage) to apply pressure, whether Contador has a weakness on cobbles we are yet to see but without pressure the other GC contenders will never know
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The trouble is the obstacle is so obvious. Contador merely has to get himself sandwiched between Vino and Iglinsky and then ensure the three of them stay right near the front, preferably keeping a close eye on the other contenders.

Whilst everyone will want to be at the front, remember the stage is shorter than a typical Paris-Roubaix, riders won't be cracking because of the distance and there are not so many cobbled sections. Yes it'll be exciting but that's perhaps more in anticipation than anything else.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862

Heavy alloy wheel, a "light, climbing wheel"? Nope. Not when Mavic produce the Carbone Ultimates and R-SYS Ultimates.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • bilirubin
    Sheptastic wrote:
    Pot holes? LUXURY....

The training loop I use around Worcester is more like the strada bianche, in winter..

Aye, but we are happy! :D:D
  • bilirubin

It could cause havoc with Cancellara's triple AAA batteries :lol::lol::lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Also, it will be in Saxo's interest to keep it tranquilo, because I don't know if anyone has noticed, their GC guys aren't the worlds best bike handlers.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • re cancellaras batteries

surely he has prior experience of duracell's resistance to vibration ?!
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    iainf72 wrote:
    Also, it will be in Saxo's interest to keep it tranquilo, because I don't know if anyone has noticed, their GC guys aren't the worlds best bike handlers.

equally they dont want to be want to be wallowing in the middle of the pack behind potential accidents..? i guess if canc is with them he can always drag them back