ITV4 TdF highlights

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,471
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Anyone know if ITV4's TdF highlights programmes are going to be available on "catchup" this year, i.e. to watch again whenever? Seem to remember they were last year, but which programmes are available to watch in this way seems to be rather arbitrary..

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    They are on the following day and poss. early hours. this is besides the live coverage :D Checked the guide in the Freeview box for next week and it's a ITV4/TdF fest.
    M.Rushton
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    Are ITV4 covering it live? I know it's a contentious issue, but I much prefer ITV4's coverage to Eurosport's.
  • Gotte wrote:
    Are ITV4 covering it live? I know it's a contentious issue, but I much prefer ITV4's coverage to Eurosport's.
    Yup, every stage live on ITV4
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,228
    For live I'd go for ES every time but for highlights ITV do a decent job i.e. they produce a highlights package rather than just showing the last hour of the race which can be a bit annoying on ES highlights as they cut out early mountains etc.
  • Gotte
    Hoorah for ITV4.
    Irony, of course, is that it's not on Sky (last time I heard, anyway).
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Gotte wrote:
    Hoorah for ITV4.
    Irony, of course, is that it's not on Sky (last time I heard, anyway).

It is on Sky.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gotte
    Excellent.

When did that happen. Last I heard they weren't showing it (thinking about it, that was sometime last year, though).
  • inkyfingers
    I got sky last year and watched last years tour and the UK tour series on it last year so at least a year.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    AFAIK ITV4 has pretty much always been available via satellite. ITV4 +1 too
  • Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    No idea but some ITV4 is available on the internet to watch again.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,228
    I got sky last year and watched last years tour and the UK tour series on it last year so at least a year.

I may be wrong but I assume the comment about it not being on Sky referred to a Sky channel rather the platform :?
  • Gotte
    I meant Sky Sports.

I just checked the guide, and I can't see it, (though the guide doesn't show Sky Sports 4) so I'm assuming that it's only Eurosport and ITV4.
    The irony I meant originally was that they are sponsoring a team, but not showing it. I imagine while it's on there'll be something rivitting on like canoe surfing or shuffleboard.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Gotte wrote:
    I meant Sky Sports.

I just checked the guide, and I can't see it, (though the guide doesn't show Sky Sports 4) so I'm assuming that it's only Eurosport and ITV4.
    The irony I meant originally was that they are sponsoring a team, but not showing it. I imagine while it's on there'll be something rivitting on like canoe surfing or shuffleboard.

I think we need a sticky on this one. Sky can't show it because it has to be broadcast on free to air channels.

All they'd do is take the France TV pictures and have different commentry. And who are you going to get? Hugh Porter?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • yourpaceormine
    Sky don't have rights to show the Tour. There is a strange bit of broadcasting regulations that allows them to show bits if it is 'news' rather than sport.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    It's the same deal with Sky and the World Cup, meaning that they had show Rob Green's howler in a series of photos
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's the same deal with Sky and the World Cup, meaning that they had show Rob Green's howler in a series of photos

They should have done what the Guardian did, and shown it in Lego (they've done all England's games like this)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2010/jun/14/world-cup-2010-england-usa-brick
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    Sorry Gotte, i misunderstood your question ref ITV4 and Sky!
  • yourpaceormine
    RichN95 wrote:

They should have done what the Guardian did, and shown it in Lego (they've done all England's games like this)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2010/jun/14/world-cup-2010-england-usa-brick

That is just class! Very plastic peleton people.

As it is Friday - old but still funny - youtube lego death star canteen