Evans Ride2Work Scheme with Price Promise question

leedsbear
leedsbear Posts: 7
edited July 2010 in MTB buying advice
We have the Evans Ride2Work offer at work - I also know Evans offer their price promise. Having looked at their website about both their Price Promise and their Ride2Work scheme it doesn't state anywhere that they won't price promise (price match) on the Ride2Work scheme.

My bike has arrived at my local Evans store and is £100 cheaper elsewhere (non-Evans shop) and in stock there to in the colour and frame size that I want.

Has anyone any experience of any success or dificulties with the price promise on a ride2work scheme?

I am going in tomorrow to collect but can see them giving the old story about these cannot be used in conjunction with one another and trying to fob me off.

Thanks.

Comments

• chrisski
    chrisski Posts: 79
    as far as i know if they say they will price match they should do that whether or not you have bought the bike via biketowork as your employer is buying the bike as a normal client then lease it to you.
    i think you could have a strong argument if they say they wont match the price but your employer may have to argue the case!
    just my thoughts!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Read the T&C's for the price promise, if they fail to mention C2W or 'not being used in conjunction with any other offer' then they should do it regardless.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • julianhj
    julianhj Posts: 27
    I can't see how C2W is an 'offer' - it's a purchase method where Evans get whatever the value of the voucher is. They are not offering a discount just by participating in the C2W scheme are they?
  • Dr S
    Dr S Posts: 146
    Definitely will do together, got £1000 off my Spark + £100 Ride to work extra clothing discount offer on the C2W scheme. Made a 3.7k bike rather closer to 2k once you know what you actaully pay.. ;-)
    Kona Kula Supreme, the hardtail
    Scott Spark 20 the softtail
    Cannondale CAAD9 the roadie